Notices

long day full of ups but ending down

Old 08-02-2014, 01:39 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Crazy Cat Lady

long day full of ups but ending down

*sigh* i've had a day. So i started work at a pet grooming salon for a big pet store chain about 2 months ago. I have very limited grooming experience so i'm a trainee. When i got hired, the general manager basically told me that he eventually wanted me to eventually take over as salon manager since the current salon manager is cutting down to part time. I've kept quiet about that and just done my best to learn and be helpful. I'm a bit older than the other stylists and assistants so it's easy for me to not get involved in any drama and i don't like to gossip so i'm kinda just my own person there. They all know that i'm a recovering alcoholic. It kinda came up when one of them. Was struggling with a friend whose drinking is having a negative impact on her life and lives around her. I offered my advice and backed it up as a sober alcoholic. Good thing they know me sober

Well, today the salon manager came in (i opened) and went to speak with the GM. When she came back, she told me that she asked to be taken off the schedule as manager and that she'd had 2 people approach her this week and say that they think i'd make a good manager. She thinks so as well. I'm so humbled! I'm only 4 months sober and i can't believe that my manner now is one that inspires trust. It really means a lot to me. On top of that, my husband had a talk he had to give at work that he'd been stressing about and he reported that it went really well. My day was incredibly busy and i ended up working a couple of hours late. I was exhausted but i went out and picked up some household needs and dinner.

So i'm beat but i'm looking forward to the airshow tomorrow. I reminded my husband about it and, for the first time since i mentioned this airshow 3 weeks ago, he asked how much it was. I told him $80 for both of us and he basically went off on me about keeping track of our spending. He throws all the money handling on me. He didn't even really seem to care about what happened at work. He just bitched at me and that's it. I cried for about a half hour after he went back upstairs after dinner. I'm just so beat, physically and emotionally. I guess you can fart rainbows and crap pixie dust and it's still not good enough for some people. I don't want to drink. It's not even an option. Still, it's hard to pull myself out of this funk. I know my husband loves me but i think he takes a lot of what i do for granted. I just wish he'd be more actively supportive instead of just dismissively supportive. I feel like he doesn't care. I wanna have fun tomorrow. I'll try to wake up with an optimistic attitude. It's just hard to go to bed sad. Thanks for letting me whine.
Old 08-02-2014, 01:50 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I am so sorry, that must have been so hurtful and frustrating. Try to focus on the good things, as difficult as it must be. A big hug.
Old 08-02-2014, 01:52 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm very pleased for you on the work front dG.

I'm sorry your husband wasn't at his best tonight - we human beings can be unpredictable creatures.

I hope you do have a great day tomorrow

D
Old 08-02-2014, 01:58 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Crazy Cat Lady

Thanks, Dee and Miraviglioso.

So true, Dee. I'm not angry with him. I don't think I feel resentful. Just disappointed. I forgive him, for sure. I think it was just the straw that broke the camel's back tonight. I don't cry often but I think I needed one tonight and I've gotta be okay with that.
Old 08-02-2014, 02:07 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Well I'm sorry you cried.
I hope tomorrow makes up for it though

D
Old 08-02-2014, 05:28 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hope tomorrow brings a better day!!
Old 08-02-2014, 05:34 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

BLUE ANGELS!!!!!

That's all I've got. I just love the feeling in my chest when they go by. Power. Freedom. Large quantities of money

Congrats on the job thingy!
Old 08-02-2014, 05:40 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Wow! I'm so happy for you about the grooming mgr position. How cool is THAT??? And I love love love airshows. You are gonna have so much fun. Take your camera.

Hubby will come around. I'm so sorry his reaction put you in a funk. And sometimes a good ole cry is a good thing. You handled it perfectly. Just feel it, then let it go.

You sound like such an amazing person. Keep on doing what you're doing. It's working for you.
Old 08-02-2014, 06:06 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Morning grits! Hopefully you woke with an optomistic attitude! Attitude is so important in recovery, and so are dreams, this is for you.....

Van Halen - Dreams (Blue Angels) - YouTube
Old 08-02-2014, 07:03 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Excellent news on the work front, but a poor way to end a very tiring day!

If I were you and I were thinking clearly (which I would likely not be, given how tired and sad I would be), I might try to write down five things for which I am most grateful right now. That, coupled with an apple spritzer (apple juice and soda water mixed 50/50, with a lime wedge), a slice of yummy cheese (maybe gouda or cheddar) on a Wasa fiber cracker and a good night's sleep, would do wonders for me.
Old 08-02-2014, 07:38 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

So sorry to hear of your bad day, DG! Reading your thoughts has always brought much inspiration to me so I just wanted to chime in and say I think you're great!

Don't know what other advice I can offer.......just hang in there. Financial troubles always suck, but they suck much, much less when we're sober!

Hope things get brighter. Tomorrow is another day.

Hugs!
Old 08-02-2014, 07:53 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Grits- You just gave me a new slogan! "Better to whine than to wine!"

I hope you have a good day, you deserve it!! Congrats on your success at work.

Lisa.