Notices

nervous

Old 08-01-2014, 11:29 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

nervous

Well its my first Friday sober it's the infamous Friday where you get your check and the first thing you buy is your poison. And all I been thinking about all day is drinking tonight. Very nervous that I won't be able to control my self after work and stop for a case of booze. All day it's been on my mind and it's actually driving me crazy.
Old 08-01-2014, 11:34 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hang in there, this is my first Friday night and I am very anxious. Feel very overwhelmed. I keep searching the internet for a recovery program that might fit for me and that makes me feel like saying to hell with it and why not just drink. I know how you feel with the thoughts of drinking consuming you and making you crazy. I am feeling the exact same way. I just keep trying to remind myself at all my failures at drinking in moderation and then I look at my sweet kids and they deserve better. I sure hope it gets easier because THIS SUCKS!!
Old 08-01-2014, 11:57 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I hope this gets easier too because this does sucks . I know I can't drink and have to be sober but it's that voice in your head that tells you your fine you worked all week and busted your ass have a few drinks buddy ...
Old 08-01-2014, 11:58 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Listen you two! Don't fall for the "It's Friday" excuse. Stick around here if you have to and keep posting. Avoid the urge to give in. It's not worth it. Make a vow to make it through this weekend!
We're all pulling for you!
Old 08-01-2014, 12:03 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

The recovery program is called Just Don't Drink, but don't worry so much. you will be ok without alcohol. Enjoy your weekend. Do anything you want, except drink. Failure is not an option.
Old 08-01-2014, 12:12 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LBrain View Post
Listen you two! Don't fall for the "It's Friday" excuse. Stick around here if you have to and keep posting. Avoid the urge to give in. It's not worth it. Make a vow to make it through this weekend!
We're all pulling for you!
We have all fallen into the path of the "its Friday, and ok to drink" train wreck. Don't let it happen today or this weekend!

I'm on my fourth weekend sober and it does get much easier. I am actually looking forward to having a GREAT sober weekend with my kids and wife. I didn't feel that way on my first weekend, but knew I had to make it through sober to survive.

The toughest days for me were the first 7. But if you don't make it through this weekend, you will fall back to the day - one cycle.

Stay strong, check in here often, post often, do what ever you have to do so that you don't drink. You will wake up feeling so much better for it in the morning!

You can do it, we all can!
Old 08-01-2014, 12:13 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Check out our Weekender thread for extra support, everyone is welcome!!

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...aug-1-3-a.html
Old 08-01-2014, 05:05 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi foryoumyson

I just gave some useful links to other people having Friday trouble so I'll share them here too

I spent a few Friday nights on here, struggling, and with every week it got a little better.

There is nothing like the relief and sense of accomplishment you get waking up sober on a Saturday morning

if you have FOMO (fear of missing out) plan something for Friday night - something you'll enjoy but that won't involve alcohol.

and stick by the Class groups - whether it's July
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...art-3-a-7.html

or August
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-2014-a-2.html

and our Weekend thread
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...g-1-3-a-5.html

You can do this. Make different healthier choices tonight

D
Old 08-01-2014, 05:18 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I know Fridays are hard but just think how good you will feel tomorrow morning. And how good you will feel to have made a commitment and stuck to it. Remember it feels good to feel good