Class of August 2014

Old 08-02-2014, 12:41 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Jade

D
Old 08-02-2014, 03:43 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Good morning, August class. We need a nickname for ourselves eventually.

Day 3 in a row! Nothing like a kiddo waking you up at 5 AM with a bad dream. Pancakes by 6. And I attempted my Pinterest idea of batter in a Baggie to make shape pancakes. Started with hearts. Kiddos loved it! Off to daughters last soccer game shortly. Gotta love 4 year olds chasing a ball in a cluster.

SO glad I don't have the swirls of a hangover...nausea, vertigo, anxiety.....regret.

What are your Saturday plans?
Old 08-02-2014, 04:04 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Day 2 and feeling much better already. Today's plans include a dental appointment, groceries, cooking, and hanging with the family. Have a great sober Saturday, everyone!
Old 08-02-2014, 04:38 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

That would be great. I quit on the first of August, not for the first but hopefully for the last time.
Old 08-02-2014, 05:19 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Good morning, just wanted to say hello and wish everyone a great day.
Old 08-02-2014, 05:43 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Please count me in!!
Old 08-02-2014, 07:51 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Add me too. I need to try this again. Feeling like crap with soreness in right back all the time.
Old 08-02-2014, 09:37 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

I'm in for good this time. Had some false starts over the last 2 months but I've been doing a lot of reflecting, lots of reading on the subject, and put together a plan of action yesterday. Removed a few stressful barriers so feeling mentally prepared to kick the drinking. Looking forward to having the support of this group.
Old 08-02-2014, 10:03 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Hey August 14 - I finally let go of the drink In August last year and wanted to stop by for some support. The sot important thing I've learned is that there is a better life out there. I'm still discovering it. For me, there have been a lot of ups and downs over the past year but it's been an amazing transformation. No hangovers! No hangovers. No scheduling my day, my life around when and where I am going to drink. No mornings after with regret.

I was terrified that my personal and professional life would be adversely affected if I drank. Scared that I wouldn't be popular, an outcast who *gasp* didn't drink. Reality was shocking. There is a whole sober world out there. In retrospect, I had the most productive year in my entire life and have more friends, real friends now than I've ever have. Life plays out on my terms. Instead of others words and feelings dictating how I feel I can create and spread joy and happiness from within.

It was really hard at times. I still listen with reverence to that James Taylor line "I've seen sunny days that I thought would never end." I thought about having a drink constantly for months. It fades, but it fades slowly. Here's the thing I do know though. Life isn't always how I expect it but it is so much better as long as I do one thing every day - not pick up a drink. So much better.

So join up, take the journey, invest in you, support others and come back to this forum in one year and tell us all how much your life has changed. Those guys and gals struggling in August 2015 will need your help.
Old 08-02-2014, 04:12 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Imara, Jeef and axsell - welcome

D
Old 08-02-2014, 05:30 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

I'm in! Hi everyone!
Old 08-02-2014, 06:34 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Hi August!
Long day for me, busy, with its share of frustrations. Dinner out with family but I chose diet coke.

Carter - how was climbing?

How was everyone else's day?!
Old 08-02-2014, 07:24 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Ok, August 2014'ers, welcome to the sane house. I'm about to pass on to you the most important acronym you will ever learn here at Sober Recovery.

ICCC

Ice Cream Cures Cravings.

It's true. Get a craving, hit the freezer. Reports are that even diet popsicles will do the trick so if calories are a problem, there's your solution.

ROCK ON!
Old 08-03-2014, 07:22 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Beautiful Day 6 here. I've been waking up these last few days confused. Why isn't my head throbbing? Why isn't my mouth desert dry? Why are my eyes not glued shut? Why don't I feel like I'm going to hurl my guts out? Why isn't my bladder achingly full?

Oh that's right! I'm not hungover! This is what normal must feel like.
Old 08-03-2014, 10:00 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Climbing was great thanks Applekat. The two guys I was with had beers after but I just went with a coke - to be honest I think that it makes for a more desirable choice in the middle of the day teetotal or not.

Dinner out with family sounds nice. And it's good to hear you're getting through the frustrating days.. I think those are toughest.

Also, thanks kaonashi for your words of support. Had a little listen to James Taylor last night; I do love his music.
Old 08-03-2014, 12:04 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Hi all, its evening of day 5 here, had my two little girls since Thursday night so its been hard to find the time to post, was great having them, feeling mentally clearer now but I suffer from stomach problems which is made worse by the drinking, things started to improve in the last 9wk sobriety stint and I went and blew it, so unsurprisingly its come back with a vengeance today. WHY do I do this to myself? Was starting to save some money too and some work prospects were arising- gone in a whirlwind 10 day bender, its hard to take it really is.

On a positive note Ive made contact with some AA friends and I got sober just in time to help my ex out and having kids- her mother is in a bad way in hospital as a result of a lifetime heavy drinking, its everywhere this horrible addiction.

Very much keeping it a day at a time, got a doctors appointment tomorrow and Im dreading having to tell him Ive slipped again....
Old 08-03-2014, 12:11 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Sign me up! Last drink was yesterday afternoon and now I'm waiting for a bed in a detox center. I plan on working my butt off to make it stick this time around.
Old 08-03-2014, 12:21 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

I think it's day 5 for me. Haven't been counting. So far I have been kind of a hermit. Avoiding friends and family because I know drinking will be involved.

The worst part of drinking is waking up in the middle of the night with my heart pounding. I hate that so I remedied the problem by drinking in the afternoon. Really hard to break out of the habit of "happy hour".

Congrats guys on your sobriety in august!
Old 08-03-2014, 12:25 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

first day for me today. I don't drink every day but if the opotuinity is there to go and have a binge with the lads, or at the pub I will. I am hoping to become T-Total, as my reliance on alcohol is getting worse and my decision making is dreadful through the influence.
Old 08-03-2014, 12:29 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 1stepup View Post
Hi all, its evening of day 5 here, had my two little girls since Thursday night so its been hard to find the time to post, was great having them, feeling mentally clearer now but I suffer from stomach problems which is made worse by the drinking, things started to improve in the last 9wk sobriety stint and I went and blew it, so unsurprisingly its come back with a vengeance today. WHY do I do this to myself? Was starting to save some money too and some work prospects were arising- gone in a whirlwind 10 day bender, its hard to take it really is.

On a positive note Ive made contact with some AA friends and I got sober just in time to help my ex out and having kids- her mother is in a bad way in hospital as a result of a lifetime heavy drinking, its everywhere this horrible addiction.

Very much keeping it a day at a time, got a doctors appointment tomorrow and Im dreading having to tell him Ive slipped again....
I need to make an appt with my dr too. You'll feel so much better once you go and tell the truth. I would like a dr to look at my liver. Since I have been sober 5 days i think I have returned back to normal but I want to make sure.

Congrats on getting into AA.

Welcome seemsfine