Notices

Class of August 2014

Old 08-15-2014, 10:37 AM
  # 481 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CuteNGayYay View Post
Concert was AMAZING! SOOO close to the stage. Had no issues with wanting a drink. Actually was thirsty and bought a $4 bottle of water haha. Goodnight and on to Day 6 for me. Lets have a great Friday! #TeamAugust
Yay! Glad to hear you had a great time and no desire to drink. Congrats on Day 6.

Enjoy your Friday!

#TeamAugust
Old 08-15-2014, 10:39 AM
  # 482 (permalink)  

Welcome to Rainstorm, RaggleTaggle, Zozo, Hobbers...

#TeamAugust
Old 08-15-2014, 11:09 AM
  # 483 (permalink)  

Day 5. The lack of sleep, shakes and everything is driving me crazy. Going to see a therapist on Monday to help sort through the anxiety and stress. First AA meeting coming up Sunday morning, feeling scared. Do i just show up if it is labeled as an open session? Do i need to take anything? How long is the usual meeting? Maybe the fact that coming off all chemical substances is making me over think way too much along with not sleeping for crap. Really need to find activities that will force me to interact with new people, i was thinking about picking p a yoga class. Anyone have any pointers?
Old 08-15-2014, 11:57 AM
  # 484 (permalink)  

Went to doctors again he's given me some tablets to help with the withdrawal, also spoke to sponsor in AA and he was straight with me- Ive got to want sobriety and not just need it-fair point, know deep down in my heart that I am an alcoholic and Ive got to remember that when I feel 'well' and 'normal' again. So staying in tonight and getting to a meeting tomorrow. Also arranged to see a councillor next Tuesday, told my sister how bad things have got and said sorry to my ex AGAIN for drunken phone calls, friends have all but left me to it, my real ones are in AA and on here, no-one understands like us, and when I feel like playing guitar with old school friends instead of a meeting or when I stop posting here- I MUST remember where it leads me to take my eye off the sobriety ball.
Old 08-15-2014, 01:26 PM
  # 485 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Hobbers View Post
I DO want to quit drinking!

I am 5 days in today. I can do this.
Yes you CAN !!!!! Welcome Hobbers!!!!
Old 08-15-2014, 01:27 PM
  # 486 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 1stepup View Post
Went to doctors again he's given me some tablets to help with the withdrawal, also spoke to sponsor in AA and he was straight with me- Ive got to want sobriety and not just need it-fair point, know deep down in my heart that I am an alcoholic and Ive got to remember that when I feel 'well' and 'normal' again. So staying in tonight and getting to a meeting tomorrow. Also arranged to see a councillor next Tuesday, told my sister how bad things have got and said sorry to my ex AGAIN for drunken phone calls, friends have all but left me to it, my real ones are in AA and on here, no-one understands like us, and when I feel like playing guitar with old school friends instead of a meeting or when I stop posting here- I MUST remember where it leads me to take my eye off the sobriety ball.
So glad you have a plan 1step way to go good stuff !!!!
Old 08-15-2014, 01:31 PM
  # 487 (permalink)  

Strong feelings to drink today but I'm fighting them off. 3 came here with a hot bath instead of the store anyway
Old 08-15-2014, 01:46 PM
  # 488 (permalink)  

You can do this blackbird! Tell AV to go away!
Old 08-15-2014, 02:04 PM
  # 489 (permalink)  

Hey all. Strong Friday cravings today so I hit two AA meetings. One at lunchtime and one after work far away from my old drinking places and work colleagues.

Home now and feeling better. No way am I going out again to the store!!! Although AV just asked me to. Do one AV!!! I am very tired and my body needs sleep today.

I have just been doing some work writing down all the people and institutions I resent ready for a sponsor meeting tomorrow. I think I know where this is going to go as I can see my own faults for those things peeking through....

Hope everyone is good. Welcome to new classmates

I just cracked Day 13

#TeamAugust
Old 08-15-2014, 02:09 PM
  # 490 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Grateful11 View Post
#TeamAugust

Just don't want to be so afraid to live my life. Anyone else having these issues?

#TeamAugust
Hey. Yes, I totally relate. I think we need to remember its early days for all of us and the investment in focussing on ourselves will pay off. An amazing sober life awaits.

I've been doing the same. Work, SR, AA meeting and home, into slouchy clothes and almost locked myself away every evening. There is too much at this point in time in town or even on the doorstep to break me. And I know it will not be just one drink...

Stay strong!
Old 08-15-2014, 02:42 PM
  # 491 (permalink)  

omg. my AV is screaming at me that i should be able to be a casual weekend drinker!!! i want one so bad i can taste it. i want to feel that happy, numb oblivion instead of wanting to cry! day 10 sux
Old 08-15-2014, 03:16 PM
  # 492 (permalink)  
Administrator

Let all strive to make this a sober weekend. There's tons of support here...a lot of strategies here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-cravings.html

and a dedicated weekend thread here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...15-17-a-4.html

we can do this.

Tell your AV you're a non drinker

D
Old 08-15-2014, 03:26 PM
  # 493 (permalink)  

I like that.
Old 08-15-2014, 03:28 PM
  # 494 (permalink)  

I am going to make it through the weekend. I feel it!
Old 08-15-2014, 03:45 PM
  # 495 (permalink)  
Administrator

Just for anyone who doesn't know...we routinely close threads at 500 posts or so, and then open a part 2 - so don't panic if you come back here and this part is closed

there will always be a link to the next part as the last post in this thread

D
Old 08-15-2014, 03:56 PM
  # 496 (permalink)  

Happy Friday! Have no idea what I'm gonna do this weekend yet but I know I'm not gonna drink. Might get some Candy, rent some movies and hit up starbucks with a friend or something. Everyone stay strong or I'll slap u!
Old 08-15-2014, 04:28 PM
  # 497 (permalink)  
Administrator

Time for part two guys - join us here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-part-2-a.html

D