Notices

Class of August 2014

Old 08-10-2014, 05:04 AM
  # 321 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Raidersfan13 View Post
Hey guys, i fell off the wagon pretty hard last night. I thought i could handle a couple beers with dinner. That turned into me buying a fifth of captain morgan and finishing it by myself. Sent some pretty embarrasing texts to family and friends, and made a fool of myself infront of the neighbors.

So this makes it 3 months in a row i failed
you only fail if you stop trying. today is a new day. now ya know what you can and cant handle. you got this! dont give up!
Old 08-10-2014, 06:23 AM
  # 322 (permalink)  

7 days for me today, feeling clean and clear minded...
Old 08-10-2014, 06:49 AM
  # 323 (permalink)  

Working on day four. Nice to get a little bit better sleep last night. Don't feel great, but slowly improving
Sorry about your slip raidersfan. Start fresh again, you (we) can all do this. Wishing everyone a happy sober day.
Old 08-10-2014, 06:55 AM
  # 324 (permalink)  

Heading out to the air show today - an event where I've always had a drink in hand. So today will be a bit of a test for me. Feeling quite confident but absolutely on guard too. Let's all enjoy this day sober, wake up tomorrow happy and hangover-free and deal with the rest of tomorrow when it comes!
Old 08-10-2014, 12:10 PM
  # 325 (permalink)  

Hi all. Day 10. I'm wanting beer this afternoon, this is the stones craving since day 2 or so. I just made a big salado I'm hoping I'm just mostly hungry. I don't want to go through the last week over again. So I'm going to be strong this afternoon. I'll get some ice cream here in a bit too.
Old 08-10-2014, 01:11 PM
  # 326 (permalink)  

Hey all

Day 8 almost done. I had a decent weekend, lots of triggers with visiting family and train travel but beat them all.

I am preparing myself for big mental work this coming week. I am at work with the physical withdrawal behind me so I just know the AV will be at work. I plan to stay strong with AA meetings each evening and SR help.

For now, I am grateful to be relaxing at home with the wind and rain blowing around outside with a nice British cup of tea !

Hope everyone else had a good weekend
Old 08-10-2014, 01:48 PM
  # 327 (permalink)  

what exactly is a relapse? i mean is 1-2 drinks then no more considered relapse? or is that just being able to drink like a normal person and a relapse is getting drunk or not being able to stop?
Old 08-10-2014, 02:47 PM
  # 328 (permalink)  

I consider a relapse any alcohol going into my body. I'm sure others may have a different opinion. Just my 2 cents.
Old 08-10-2014, 02:56 PM
  # 329 (permalink)  

On day twelve. I've been feeling anxious and jittery today. I guess it's to be expected. I was just wondering if anybody knows how long this will last.
Old 08-10-2014, 03:26 PM
  # 330 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sthlondonab View Post

For now, I am grateful to be relaxing at home with the wind and rain blowing around outside with a nice British cup of tea
Sounds perfect, I had a day in doors, weather been rough here in wales, heavy rain and thunder n lightning like I've never seen.

Well that's it I made it through my 1st weekend sober without to much drama, however it's next weekend I'm worried about a big day out with friends, still not 100% sure I will be able to resit drinking just for the sake of not having to explain to people why I'm not??
Old 08-10-2014, 07:08 PM
  # 331 (permalink)  

Hey Guys
Day 11 starting here in Australia.
I'm doing ok, not going to drink just a bit flat. Pretty pissed off with it all. I've always been angry with myself for drinking, now I'm angry that I can't and others can. I feel like a toddler stamping her feet and saying its not fair. All the adds on telly showing people enjoying a few social drinks are irking the sh*t out of me.
Oh well
Old 08-10-2014, 09:08 PM
  # 332 (permalink)  

Made it through the day. This was a tough one. I'm praying tomorrow is a bit easier.
I hope you all had a good day! See you tomorrow!
Old 08-10-2014, 09:46 PM
  # 333 (permalink)  

8/8/14 here! Hi!
Old 08-11-2014, 05:24 AM
  # 334 (permalink)  

starting day 6. will be traveling all day. being home tonight will be a challenge not to relax and drink after this trip. praying for strength to resist. does anyone know how the headaches last? its been non-stop for a couple of days now
Old 08-11-2014, 06:47 AM
  # 335 (permalink)  

Penkins, I'm on day 13 and, my headaches are pretty much gone. Hang in there tonight when you get home. If you get the urge to drink, try some meditation. Good luck.
Old 08-11-2014, 06:52 AM
  # 336 (permalink)  

Made it to day 7. One Week!

Having Support from SR & AA makes all the difference.

We don't have to do this alone!

Have a safe and sober day my friends.
Old 08-11-2014, 07:12 AM
  # 337 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Findingtheway View Post
Made it to day 7. One Week!

Having Support from SR & AA makes all the difference.

We don't have to do this alone!

Have a safe and sober day my friends.
Congratulations Findintheway I am on day 7 too !!

I had a few major chances to drink this weekend and I fought the cravings and came out on top thank God !!!!

Feeling good on day 7 !! I know there wll be tough days ahead and some good ones too. Having someone there for support is so key !!!! Thank God I have you guys/gals. I also have a friend who is 3 years sober and I check in with him. Helps a LOT !!

So proud to be here with you all on the right road !!

Love and hugs always,
Chris
Old 08-11-2014, 07:16 AM
  # 338 (permalink)  

Wow. Lots to read after a weekend away. Great job to everyone who stayed sober and to those who didn't, Today is another day for a new beginning.
I had a few slight cravings but overall I feel so strong. I feel like a switch flipped in my brain and I will never allow alcohol to rob be again. There is such satisfaction in waking without a hangover, remembering my conversations from last night and feeling proud rather than ashamed. I love remembering my dreams!! Just a great reminder that my brain is healing.
Love and strength to everyone!!
Old 08-11-2014, 10:32 AM
  # 339 (permalink)  

Hey all. Day 5 here. Yesterday was rough. Having family issues, relationship problems, $ problems. Life . Use to just try to drink them away. Having a hard time coping with them like a normal person does. Its going to require some new skills, to say the least.
Old 08-11-2014, 10:42 AM
  # 340 (permalink)  

Count me in guys!!