Notices

19 Days

Old 07-31-2014, 10:46 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

19 Days

I have 19 days sober. Thursday nights and Friday afternoons and evenings have been the hardest. I am still trying to figure out what to do for "fun" now that I have quit drinking. I hopeful that it will get easier and I will learn to live and be happy without alcohol and will be able to have "fun" without alcohol. Anybody experience these thoughts?
Old 08-01-2014, 12:52 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome to the Forum!!

19 Days is fantastic!! Keep pushing through, it will get easier with time!!
Old 08-01-2014, 05:30 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I know what you mean about finding fun things to do sober. I have 17 days of sobriety so I am dealing with the same thing. I keep myself busy, but would like to get up the courage to move out of my comfort zone and try to get involved in things that I've been wanting to do for a long time. It's hard, but I know I have to do this if I am going to remain sober. Staying busy won't be enough. Drinking was the fun thing I did, until it wasn't fun anymore. Doing something fun during those Fridays and weekends is essential if sobriety is going to work, so you are not alone in feeling like you do. I wish you luck and find the strength to venture out of your "box", and begin to really enjoy life.
Old 08-01-2014, 05:35 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi newsoberny

It took me a while to realise I was still doing the same things I used to do when drinking. Parking myself in front of the TV was ok for drunk me, but sober me needed more.

You can do whatever you want to do - so long as you don't drink
I do recommend staying away from events involving alcohol for a while, but outside that the only real limit is your imagination.

do you have any hobbies, interests or things you always wanted to do?

D
Old 08-01-2014, 05:47 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I used to wonder what I'd do if I didn't drink... now I know I can do anything I want, and do it better, too.

Welcome to the family.
Old 08-01-2014, 08:18 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Smile 10 days

Well, I've made it 10 days. I'm feeling pretty good besides the fact that I'm surrounded by drinkers on a daily basis. But I'm trying not to let that effect me. It's working so far so good.