Notices

60 Days Today

Old 07-31-2014, 08:06 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

60 Days Today

Hello All,
I feel very grateful and have so much to be grateful for. Today is 60 days sober and I feel very committed. I work the AA program as well as SR, and am very thankful for all of the support here. There is so much experience her available 24/7, and that is priceless.
I am going through a lot in my life right now. My father is very close to death, and I am fortunate to have made my peace with him, and had many good spiritual talks with him this summer. I attended a meeting tonight hours after seeing my father. I shared this at the meeting and it bears restating. If you ever feel the need to pick up a drink again, stop, and spend 1 hour in a nursing home. Pick any room, and share that hour of your time with the person you meet. We have so much going for us, so much to be grateful for, and when we drink, we flush it all down the toilet, taking our precious lives for granted. Spend some time with someone who cannot walk, cannot remember what they did this morning, cannot go to the bathroom on their own, or wash, and cannot feed themselves. The perspective you will gain really brings home how short our lives are. We truly do need to live in the present, it's all we have control of, and live day by day, each day to the fullest.
Celebrate your own sober lives. In early recovery, know that the thinking clears, and the magic does happen. Live each day like it was your last, it just could be!
I talk with people at meetings all the time. Some come in and present the "V" of victim, and that's why they drink ..etc..etc.... These people are not ready for sobriety. I have found if you turn that "V" over, and are now a volunteer, your life will change and the magic will happen. It is all a matter of perspective, and we must do it sober. Clearing the fog takes some time, but if we allow our perspective and our outlook to change, we are unstoppable.
Thanks for listening, I'm very grateful to be sober and posting here on day 60.
Old 07-31-2014, 08:57 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

60 days is incredible!!!
Old 07-31-2014, 09:02 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations on 60 days BSA

I talk with people at meetings all the time. Some come in and present the "V" of victim, and that's why they drink ..etc..etc.... These people are not ready for sobriety.
while I take your point, I've given up trying to work out 'who's ready for recovery'. That's not my determination to make - I just share what worked for me

D
Old 07-31-2014, 09:11 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Congrats on 60 Days Blue Skies
Old 07-31-2014, 09:16 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

congratulations on your 60 days sober

Originally Posted by BlueSkiesAhead View Post

We have so much going for us, so much to be grateful for, and when we drink, we flush it all down the toilet, taking our precious lives for granted.
that is so true
thank you
Bob
Old 07-31-2014, 10:32 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Congratulations on 60 days!
Old 07-31-2014, 10:35 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Magsie

Congratulations on 60 days BlueSkiesAhead
Old 07-31-2014, 10:46 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
pray for strength

YaY!!! 60 days is a fabulous accomplishment. Great to here that both AA and SR are supportive in your journey. Well done.

Old 07-31-2014, 10:48 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Congratulations on 60 days, Blueskies! Be proud of what you have accomplished.
Old 08-01-2014, 12:51 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

60 Days is fantastic!!