Notices

Looking in from the outside.

Old 07-31-2014, 03:40 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Looking in from the outside.

Hello.

I'm currently visiting my sister in London and I went to meet her for some food when she finished work. She informed me that she had to meet some colleagues for a drink as someone was leaving. One of her friends came over and asked if I was ready to get drunk and my sister said that I hadn't drank in over 3 months and his response was "I bet you feel like sh*t" I laughed and said I felt great.

About half an hour later I heard him say "I got hammered last night and I feel like sh*t". It just made me laugh and wonder at what alcohol really does to peoples minds. It was also interesting seeing everyone so eager to get their fix in the bar. I didn't like being in the bar, they are quite dull places and alcohol just seems to block that out.
Old 07-31-2014, 03:46 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Alcohol always seemed to be more appealing to me before I started drinking, and then during and afterwards it never really lived up to expectations, but then I'd always romanticise about the next drink, and so the cycle continued!!

Drinking culture seems to perpetuate that if you're not a part of it, then you're not having any fun, it's a myth that our minds will sell all day long!!
Old 07-31-2014, 07:30 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Yeah, at first I felt like I was "missing out" but now I just shake my head at the drunk people. Life is better sober, not even close!
Old 07-31-2014, 07:34 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Seanfox View Post
One of her friends came over and asked if I was ready to get drunk and my sister said that I hadn't drank in over 3 months and his response was "I bet you feel like sh*t"
And ya...bars are full of Einstein's like that one.