Notices

My alcoholic mind!!!

Old 07-31-2014, 11:14 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

You've got to figure out how to hate, hate, hate that bar, and ALL bars that call out to you. How about making a list of all the terrible bar/drinking memories you have and posting it on your wall, in your glove compartment, in a text you can pull up on your phone, on your bathroom mirror, etc. The more you read that list, the more you will break through the giant illusion (delusion) that bars are a place you ever want to be again.

One more thought, how about making that list and posting it here? Just get that stuff out into the light of day, and it may become a lot clearer that you and bars are like an ticking time bomb.

Hope this helps, you're doing great!
Old 07-31-2014, 12:10 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SonomaGal View Post
You've got to figure out how to hate, hate, hate that bar, and ALL bars that call out to you. How about making a list of all the terrible bar/drinking memories you have and posting it on your wall, in your glove compartment, in a text you can pull up on your phone, on your bathroom mirror, etc. The more you read that list, the more you will break through the giant illusion (delusion) that bars are a place you ever want to be again. One more thought, how about making that list and posting it here? Just get that stuff out into the light of day, and it may become a lot clearer that you and bars are like an ticking time bomb. Hope this helps, you're doing great!
Great idea! I will definitely make that list and keep it close! Thx!

Sent from my iPhone using SoberRecovery
Old 07-31-2014, 05:04 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Yep..thoughts will come and they will go. I feel pretty good about my sobriety today yet only hours a go...a thought popped up for the dealin'. I work part time as a server at a golf course and a woman ordered a drink that suddenly seemed tasty and refreshing. A particular concoction that I wouldn't have put together in drinking days (not really a hard liquor drinker anyway). Suddenly I could almost sense an "internal pout" within...like a whiny kid sayin' something like ...."awww...geez..you can't have that! See what you've done to us!" It passed...
Old 07-31-2014, 05:10 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Serenidad

There will always be a new bar, or a new variety of [insert your favourite drink here] to tempt us and start our addiction salivating.

Thoughts are thoughts. It's what we do with them that counts.

Just today, I've just come back from shopping. I fell while I was there (not terribly badly - bruised a little - but very publicly...)

so I was annoyed and a little embarrassed and POed.

The radio in the cab on the way home tells me it's International Beer Day and then spends 15 mins on how awesome beer is LOL....

yeah, for a moment I wanted an ice cold beer, dammit...beergarden, blues band....

But then I immediately remembered the reality - and I realised what I *really* wanted was to have not fallen over and been embarrassed.

live and learn, serenidad. You didnt give in and that's great.

D
Old 07-31-2014, 05:15 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Hi Serenidad There will always be a new bar, or a new variety of [insert your favourite drink here] to tempt us and start our addiction salivating. Thoughts are thoughts. It's what we do with them that counts. Just today, I've just come back from shopping. I fell while I was there (not terribly badly - bruised a little - but very publicly...) so I was annoyed and a little embarrassed and POed. The radio in the cab on the way home tells me it's International Beer Day and then spends 15 mins on how awesome beer is LOL.... yeah, for a moment I wanted an ice cold beer, dammit...beergarden, blues band.... But then I immediately remembered the reality - and I realised what I *really* wanted was to have not fallen over and been embarrassed. live and learn, serenidad. You didnt give in and that's great. D
Oh no! I'm so sorry you fell! Are you ok Dee?

Sent from my iPhone using SoberRecovery
Old 07-31-2014, 05:17 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Administrator

A little stiff and sore but fine SD.
I just used it as an illustration

D