Notices

Oh just so you all no ahead of time.

Old 07-30-2014, 06:49 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Ratso, My experience was the same as the others - I couldn't keep it to just one 'special' day. It always led me back to the same nightmare. We don't say this to bring you down - we're just hoping to save you from the hell we've been through. In the end, it was more exhausting to try and control myself - it wasn't fun or relaxing because I was so nervous about it. It was easier to stop all together rather than take the risk.

We're glad you're here Ratso.
Old 07-30-2014, 06:54 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Well I am certainly not feeling welcomed here all of the sudden.
Old 07-30-2014, 06:54 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Good luck, Ratso. If this works for you that's awesome. Now that I'm sober I couldn't imagine wanting to go on a scheduled drunk up. I watch others get drunk and remember how truly awful it made my life. For me the only time I want a drink now is when something horrible happens in my life. Getting drunk would dull my pain but I would have to sober up sometime and reality would still be there waiting for me. Never would work for me - sounds too hard and I'm too soft to go through all of that planning, detoxing, drinking... We're here if you need us
Old 07-30-2014, 06:57 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Trudgin

So, just curious - is TODAY the one day of the month??
Old 07-30-2014, 06:59 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

No it's not the day, and I know what you were getting at.
Old 07-30-2014, 07:00 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ratsorizzo View Post

I honestly don't think they mean it to unwelcome you. For some people , Ratsorizzo ....being sober is all they have. They have tried this method before yet it failed. This is there experience. They have been there before. From what I am reading..some kind of harsh with a lot of passion behind there words, they are speaking there experience.

Scare tactics never worked for me. I am stubborn. Yet look at it from a perspective of people don't want to watch you walk through the pain they once have had to sit with. That's all.

I welcome you, and I hope you continue to be honest with your post. I admire it.
Old 07-30-2014, 07:01 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

You are absolutely welcome! We are just trying to help you make a rational decision about this, and not let your AV convince you this is a good plan. Don't you think we would all do that if it was that simple? It's just our opinions, and it is not meant to offend you or put you down. We are all here to support you no matter what happens.
Old 07-30-2014, 07:02 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
misanthrope

Give it a try, if it works out for you then that's great. If it doesn't work, i guess you had the wrong idea.
Old 07-30-2014, 07:03 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Hi ratsorizzo, I've tried that too. A major fail for me. My brain convinced me another day wouldn't hurt and another and so on. Don't think you aren't welcome here. We are only offering our experiences because this is a recovery site. You sought this out and joined for a reason. People just want to help you with your goals. Good luck!
Old 07-30-2014, 07:05 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Trudgin

If this works for you, then you're probably not an alcoholic and just a heavy drinker. Sincerely, please research that issue. It may be even worse.

From my heart, I wish nothing but the best for you in your quest. It took me many years to find something that appears to work for me TODAY.
Old 07-30-2014, 07:07 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Administrator

This is a recovery site Ratso - people won't slap you on the back for still drinking.

You obviously came here for a reason, yeah?

Noone here is telling you what to do - they're just sharing their experience.

Sorry you're upset, but is it you who's upset - or your addiction Ratso?

D
Old 07-30-2014, 07:07 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

We certainly want you to stay. No one has suggested you shouldn't be here. We're being honest with you in the hopes that you'll be able to avoid the pain we've been through.
Old 07-30-2014, 07:10 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

This isn't even happening till September 5th. So if I even make it there will be the first part. September is the sequel. :/
Old 07-30-2014, 07:18 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

This isn't even happening till September 5th. So if I even make it there will be the first part. September is the sequel. :/
What's going on in September?
Old 07-30-2014, 07:19 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

We are all here to share and be shared with. Sometimes it's not what we want to hear! You are very welcome here. Just don't expect anything but honesty from those who know what they are talking about. (I don't count myself in that club... Yet.)
Old 07-30-2014, 07:19 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

I'm either all or nothing man. For me, once a month would be torture and I'd eventually cheat on it and be back to my old patterns. The part of you that wants to drink will not be satisfied with once a month in my opinion, but it also will relish the fact that you aren't committing to sobriety for good (and use that to wear you down).

Maybe try 30 days of sobriety and see how it feels? If you feel better, why go back at all?
Old 07-30-2014, 07:24 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Why?
Old 07-30-2014, 07:25 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

I have had plenty of arguments with the drinking me, and i won, that's why I was only drinking on the weekends instead of every other day. Not I have moved to even less. That's what I was trying to tell you guys. I have not stopped but reduced to monthly.
Old 07-30-2014, 07:32 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

I have had plenty of arguments with the drinking me, and i won, that's why I was only drinking on the weekends instead of every other day. Not I have moved to even less. That's what I was trying to tell you guys. I have not stopped but reduced to monthly.
If you can moderate your drinking, why tell us at all? This is a website of people trying to live completely sober, because the other way didn't work for us. As Dee said above, no one is going to slap you on the back here for deciding to still drink.
Old 07-30-2014, 07:34 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Ok goodbye sorry I picked the wrong place. Bye