Notices

12 Days Sober

Old 07-30-2014, 04:23 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

12 Days Sober

Hi everyone, I quit drinking on the 18th and quit smoking 2 days later. I quit both at the same time because I don't like to smoke without drinking and vice versa. I was doing pretty well until yesterday and today - I've had a bad headache and feel exhausted. It just seems strange that I got through the first 10 days so well and now withdrawal is hitting this hard. If I eat sweets it helps for a little while, but I don't want to start packing on too much weight. Anybody else experience a delayed withdrawal like this? Should I be concerned that it's taking this long to reach a peak? Thanks!
Old 07-30-2014, 04:29 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I wouldn't worry at all. The whole sweet eating things seems to be pretty common. I would concentrate on my sobriety, not my weight. You will shed the weight. You may not survive slipping up on your sobriety.
Old 07-30-2014, 04:52 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

A group of us were discussing how around the 2 week period that sometimes things can get "shaky" and relapses seem to happen (or so it seems to us.) Just keep doing what you are doing. Eat HEALTHY food, drink pure water, sleep. . . lots of TLC. This should pass in a few days, and if it doesn't, then talk with your doctor. Also stay on here with us. Keep us updated. It takes all of us together to do this.

And BRAVO for taking charge of your health. YAY YOU!!!
Old 07-30-2014, 04:58 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Days 8, 9 & 10 were my very worst. Then, each day gradually got better and by 19 I was feeling great. Hang in, don't worry, it's common (believe me, I read enough about it as I was trying to convince myself I was not going to die!!!) and it will improve.

Congrats on 12 days!

Lisa.
Old 07-31-2014, 12:59 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

12 Days is fantastic!! Keep pushing through!!