Notices

going to my first meeting tonight. (maybe) kinda nervous!

Old 07-30-2014, 03:37 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

going to my first meeting tonight. (maybe) kinda nervous!

Its been a weird couple days. I spent the weekend with family, who are heavy drinkers. Then yesterday my best friend begged me to come get drunk with her, and I was so tempted. Ive been good for the most part (I have slipped a couple times). I know I need to completely seperate myself from my old friends, and unfortunately, all of my family. Lately its just me and my kids, all the time. Day after day. If I'm not working, cleaning my house or doing laundry, then I'm Watching either annoying girly shows with my girls, or barney with my son. Fml! Lol. Going crazy over here. Dont get me wrong, they are my favorite people in the entire world... But all of us parents need to have some grown up time too. I seriously cant think of one sober person, besides my mother that I can hang out with. And that sounds just about as boring right now as hanging out with my kids! Lol. Anyway, I am still not 100% sure if I'm going, because I'd have to bring my kids with (they have child care which I thought was awesome) but I'm not sure how I feel about bringing them. I think it would be great for me to meet other sober women, if they had kids and were close to my age that would be a plus lol. So I think I am gona make myself go and be social. Ugh.

Also feeling kinda bad.. I ended up in the ER yesterday evening and was prescribed norco, which ive been off for about 2 months. But this time I actually need it, I hurt myself, long story but promise I wasnt drunk this time lol. Luckily I only got a 2 day supply and they're weak but I still feel like a f-up for letting myself take them when I know my history. Sigh. What to do!
Old 07-30-2014, 04:04 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think there is nothing at all wrong with taking pain medication for legitimate pain/injuries and for a very short period. Just because we are addicts doesn't mean we should have to suffer in those situations.

I hope the meeting works out well for you.
Old 07-30-2014, 04:22 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

let us know how the meeting goes if you make it. I've. been too nervous and shy to go to one myself!
Old 07-30-2014, 04:25 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ready2beSober View Post
If I'm not working, cleaning my house or doing laundry, then I'm Watching either annoying girly shows with my girls, or barney with my son.
we have Sofia the First on here...I can't help but think there is no way a king would marry a single mom from the village. Once I said to my older daughter, that would never happen, Sofia's mom wasn't only a commoner, she had a child, what happened to the dad? I guess he must have died but that still makes the mom a non-virgin, wasn't that a requirement back then?...yes, it's a cartoon but they start to make you crazy!
Old 07-30-2014, 04:29 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Lmao! My kids get mad because I'll sit there and criticize there shows. And yes, sophia the first is awful! My son went through a Dora and Diego phase, I hated them too. Do you watch modern family? Cam said "I want to fill doras backpack with rocks and push her off a cliff." I think only parents of a toddler can relate to that feeling! Lol
Old 07-30-2014, 04:31 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by NightmaresOnWax View Post
let us know how the meeting goes if you make it. I've. been too nervous and shy to go to one myself!

I'll keep you guys posted. I have talked myself into it, then out of it multiple times now. I dont know why I'm so freaked out but thinking about going gives me terrible anxiety.
Old 07-30-2014, 04:33 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Lmao! My kids get mad because I'll sit there and criticize there shows. And yes, sophia the first is awful! My son went through a Dora and Diego phase, I hated them too. Do you watch modern family? Cam said "I want to fill doras backpack with rocks and push her off a cliff." I think only parents of a toddler can relate to that feeling! Lol
That sounded really weird.. I meant relate to wanting to push Dora off a cliff.. not your own toddler. Lol oops.
Old 07-30-2014, 04:37 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

That sounded really weird.. I meant relate to wanting to push Dora off a cliff.. not your own toddler. Lol oops.
Didn't sound weird. I got it. Sometimes I feel if I hear "Swiper no Swiping" just one more time...I will lose it! Good luck tonight, let us know how it goes!
Old 07-30-2014, 04:38 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Go to the meeting. Everyone there was or is nervous, too. GO!!! You will thank yourself for the adult camaraderie of women who are just like us. GO!!!
Old 07-30-2014, 06:12 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Go to the meeting. Meet some new sober people.
Old 07-30-2014, 06:13 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Didnt make it to the meeting tonight but I found one for Friday thats a womans group. I'm definitely going. I didnt feel comfortable going while I'm taking pain pills (I'll be off of them by Friday and hopefully in less pain by then too