Notices

day 1 again

Old 07-30-2014, 04:00 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

day 1 again

In my mind I know what I have to do but the wine craving has taken over again at night. One glass is really 3. I will post and read daily. I am in a high profile job and afraid to see someone I know at aa. I want to go to aa.
Old 07-30-2014, 04:08 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I am in a high profile job and afraid to see someone I know at aa.
It's funny (not in the ha ha sense ) but I was never afraid being seen too drunk to walk, being obnoxious, being sick, having soiled myself...

If you need help - grab it todayIwill - set your fear aside.

D
Old 07-30-2014, 04:10 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

It's call "anonymous" for a reason, you know? Go.
Old 07-30-2014, 04:12 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Seeing someone you know means you aren't alone in recovery.
Old 07-30-2014, 04:29 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I will go to a 130 meeting today.
Old 07-30-2014, 04:39 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Crazy Cat Lady

Tradition 12: “Anonymity is the spiritual foundation of all our Traditions, ever reminding us to place principles before personalities."

Tradition 5: "Each group has but one primary purpose - to carry the message to the alcoholic who still suffers."

These are two of the 12 Traditions of AA. We cannot carry out Tradition 5 without Tradition 12. We guard our anonymity not only for ourselves but also for the alcoholics who are considering walking through our doors. We must be a safe place for everyone. It's not just about the people who show up every week. If we break anonymity, we discourage still suffering alcoholics from coming to us. Without new people, we can't perform a lot of 12 step work. We need anonymity. It's absolutely essential and vital to every AA group and AA as a whole. I have seen people i know in AA meetings. I was not aghast. I was excited! I see AA people in grocery stores and farmers markets. I've seen them in restaurants and festivals. There's no secret handshake. We don't toast each other with Diet Cokes and imported mineral water. It's usually a smile and often a hello. Just 2 friends running into each other. In the meetings, it's a shock that you recognize someone then that warm feeling that you are not alone. I've heard of TV stars, top 40 musicians (i know of a musician with a #1 Billboard top 100 hit showing up at a meeting), an off duty police officer in his uniform, an EMT and a psychiatrist all in meetings. I saw someone who was occasionally in my employ at my meetings. It is awesome every time. Fear is normal. Fear is natural. Still, do not let fear keep you from recovery. Fear will pass.
Old 07-30-2014, 04:48 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

You gotta decide how important Sobreity is to you and take the measures required to acheive it!!

I hope the meeting goes well!! You can do this!!
Old 07-30-2014, 05:01 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

It’s known that we have a deadly ugly disease that results in extremely bad physical and mental condition including many losses including family, home, work and self.

There are many who have “gone to any length to attain sobriety.” This can include the change that’s necessary to get and stay sober. It’s work but the result can be tremendous in so many ways.

BE WELL
Old 07-30-2014, 05:11 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I'm excited for you to a meeting. I think it will really help you. If you see someone there and you speak to them you could always share with them how much you do not want this public?
Old 07-30-2014, 05:24 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Trudgin

My sponsor said something to me that stuck in my head - When you admit you're an alcoholic, it becomes unanimous!!

When I decided to go to AA I told my wife that if I did people will know I am a drunk......
She laughed and replied - Honey, they already know - you're the only one who doesn't.

If you engage the process of AA, your family, friends and co-workers will admire you for recognizing a problem and dealing with it = Highly promotable candidate!!!

peace
Old 07-30-2014, 01:32 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

If you see someone that you know at an AA meeting then they are as stuck with you as you are with them!