SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Damaged (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/340436-damaged.html)

A330 07-30-2014 12:00 AM

Damaged

Hi,

If I had a dollar for every time I woke up hungover and promised myself I was quitting the booze, I would be a wealthy man...

My alcoholism is ruining not only my health but also my life. I am a 42 year old male living and working in the middle east. I have binge drank for the las 26 years. Pretty much every negative impact in my life has had alcohol somewhere in the story. I want to quit the booze, smokes and sedatives. I get absolutely hammered, wake up taking a bunch of vitamins and a sedative. I suffer from anxiety attacks and have scheduled medication... really should not be boozing with these meds. I have had months of sobriety before in the past. I loved being sober, fit, healthy and smokes free. I am weak and need help.

Have a great day.

lilgolden73 07-30-2014 12:11 AM

Admitting you need help is a step in the right direction! You'll get lots of support here! Welcome!

Corky123 07-30-2014 12:15 AM

So sorry, you sound so sad, get help pleases & get youself back to being you< im free from drink now for 8 days,i had a home detox, before that i was a mess, my body was packing up. Make that step & get some help, think of how good you'll feel when your sober, i know its hard but life is just to short.

MythOfSisyphus 07-30-2014 12:19 AM

Welcome to SR, A330! Good to have you with us.

Dee74 07-30-2014 12:31 AM

Welcome a330 :)

I don't think your weak at all - maybe the problem you don't realise how strong you really are right now, that's all? :)

If you want change, and you're willing to do what it takes to make that change happen, I think you'll amaze yourself :)

D

PurpleKnight 07-30-2014 02:21 AM

Welcome to the Forum A330!! :wave:

You'll find loads of support here on SR!! It's great to have you onboard!! :)

Meraviglioso 07-30-2014 02:34 AM

Good luck to you, you can do this. I am in a similar situation, I drink like crazy every day and every single morning I wake up and say "never again, I am quitting" I shovel in the vitamins, milk thistle, kudzu, make my warm water with lemon and then by the afternoon I am back at it. Today I have taken the additional step to register here as a sign of my seriousness and I hope to make it through today alcohol free. And then do it again tomorrow. I have a good life, my only problems come from my alcohol abuse. I am also an expat, living in Italy. I have a few people close to me but not any friends really. It is difficult to face this alone when you are far from home. In my few successful periods (I am talking just mere days) of not drinking I found having a health focus helped me. I would take my vitamins, make fruit smoothies (who knows if they are really healthy but I felt good for consuming all the fruit and anti-oxidants), I would work out like crazy, take a bath with epsom salts to purify my skin, do an at home facial mask, put oil in my hair for an over night treatment.... anything that felt healthy and caring for my body. It is a good place to put all that nervous energy.