SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Hello Everyone (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/340365-hello-everyone.html)

04hemigtx1990 07-29-2014 06:46 AM

Hello Everyone

Hope all is going well for everyone. My name is Chris, Long story short. I've been a heavy drinker since I was 15. At 24 I've been through divorce, have a small child, and always find myself coming back to the bottle because I'm always alone. Recently I've realized my body probably isn't going to take the punishment much longer, and I've lost a lot of friends etc along the way. So after many tries and obvious fails, I thought maybe I could find support in others that are fighting the same battle. I've drank daily for at least the last 4-5 years, and am just trying to break free. So I thought maybe we could all motivate each other. Good Luck to all, Just digging for support and hopefully to break free of this disease.
God luck to all and god bless.
Chris

Anna 07-29-2014 06:52 AM

Welcome Chris!

There is a lot of support so I'm glad you found us and posted.

We do understand how hard this is.

petals 07-29-2014 06:53 AM

you will find lots of support here.x

Ghostlight1 07-29-2014 09:19 AM

Hello and welcome.
I drank daily for 23 years. The last ten were a nightmare of morning till I passed out.
You've been through a lot and I found there's nothing alcohol will make better.
I tried and failed many, many times. It took going to AA for me. I still drank, but it was never the same. I felt guilty when I drank. But it was back to my old ways in short order.
It took a scary withdrawal and the mornings filled with fear, anxiety and regret to make me quit.
Many of us here are recovering in different ways, so I hope you stick around and read and post. You'll find lots of support.
You're young, I wish I had seen my problem at your age. Best to you.

firstymer 07-29-2014 09:31 AM

I found SR 11 months ago, after 20 years of heavy drinking. Thanks to the good people here, I haven't picked up a drink since the day I joined.

You will find a lot of support and helpful advice here. I know I did.

Good luck. Welcome. You are among friends. :ring

hayley86 07-29-2014 09:34 AM

Welcome Chris, you'll find a lot of support and encouragement here. Glad you've joined us. :)

PurpleKnight 07-29-2014 09:52 AM

Welcome to the Forum Chris!! :wave:

awholenewlife52 07-29-2014 09:56 AM

Welcome, Chris! Stick with us, this is a great place.

Angel1555 07-29-2014 10:09 AM

Welcome to the forum Chris. Keep coming back!

GotGrace 07-29-2014 10:38 AM

Welcome, Chris!

SoberCAH 07-29-2014 03:37 PM

Glad you are here, amigo.

Sobriety has been quite a blessing to "this Chris".

soberCAH

JaneLane 07-29-2014 03:39 PM

Hi Chris,
I'm 26 and sounds like we have something in common in that I drink due to being alone, even though I'm not really alone in that I live with my fiance...I definitely looked for drinking excuses! Anyway, this place is amazing. I've relapsed a lot and always been welcomed back. Message me if you want to talk as a newbie to sobriety!

Hevyn 07-29-2014 03:39 PM

Really glad you joined us Chris - SR helped me find the courage to stop. We know you can too! It feels great to be free.

least 07-29-2014 04:22 PM

Welcome to the family. :) You've come to a great place for support in getting sober. :)

Tonymblue 07-29-2014 05:27 PM

Welcome Chris. Glad you made this decision. Lots of support here. It really helps. Went camping 2 weeks ago. Didnt drink because of the people i met on this site. It really empowered me.