SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   7 months (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/340269-7-months.html)

LBrain 07-28-2014 07:20 AM

7 months

I wasn't going to post it but...

Yesterday I celebrated 7 months by kayaking on a lake for over three hours and taking photos of wildlife. Just enjoying being out on the water getting some exercise and having a bottle of water to drink when I got thirsty. When I returned home I had a tall glass if iced tea. It hit the spot. And it didn't make me feel tired after a couple glasses. I was able to continue into the night.

I posted a few new photos on my page here. Enjoy the day. LB

Every weekend is better than the last without alcohol in the mix. I don't even think about it any more. And I hardly notice others drinking.

Climber122 07-28-2014 07:26 AM

That's the good stuff! Thanks for sharing. I too have found nature to be a wonderful place to be sober - to just be was something that was hard in active addiction. Glad to hear you had a great day on the water!

SoberLeigh 07-28-2014 07:30 AM

LBrain; thanks so much for sharing your milestone and celebration.

You are a wonderful gift to SR.

Congratulations on 7 months, LBrain. :You_Rock_

Mountainmanbob 07-28-2014 07:33 AM

congratulations on 7 months of sobriety

Originally Posted by LBrain (Post 4806166)

Every weekend is better than the last without alcohol in the mix. I don't even think about it any more. And I hardly notice others drinking.

it's a great blessing
one for us not to take for granted

MM

Foolsgold186 07-28-2014 07:33 AM

Originally Posted by LBrain (Post 4806166)
I wasn't going to post it but...

Yesterday I celebrated 7 months by kayaking on a lake for over three hours and taking photos of wildlife. Just enjoying being out on the water getting some exercise and having a bottle of water to drink when I got thirsty. When I returned home I had a tall glass if iced tea. It hit the spot. And it didn't make me feel tired after a couple glasses. I was able to continue into the night.

I posted a few new photos on my page here. Enjoy the day. LB

Congratulation LBrain. That's a wonderful achievement! You must be so chuffed.

I tried wakeboarding at the weekend - something I would NEVER have considered before I got sober. What an amazing experience, looking at loch lomond (or trying) before i fell face first into the water.

Well done!

L x

biminiblue 07-28-2014 07:35 AM

Congrats, Lbrain. It sounds like a great day!

desypete 07-28-2014 07:35 AM

well done on 7 months and good to hear your out and about enjoying being sober thats what its all about so well done : )

ccam1973 07-28-2014 08:03 AM

Lbrain, great job on 7 months! You are an inspiration and glad you got some "you-time" in to celebrate the milestone.

hopeful4 07-28-2014 08:07 AM

Good for you! Congrats!!!

songthread 07-28-2014 08:11 AM

Congratulations to you fine sir! Great post to read!!

dwtbd 07-28-2014 08:12 AM

awesome congrats on 7 mnths, sounds like you had a wonderful day, hope you can get all kayackie n sh*t again soon !

Angel1555 07-28-2014 08:14 AM

Congratulation LBrain! Wow, 7 months. Is this the longest that you have ever gone?

jdooner 07-28-2014 08:23 AM

Congrats LB - sounds like you are achieving some serenity in your life. I am happy for you!

SoberHoopsFan 07-28-2014 08:25 AM

Congrats! 7 months is a great achievement, looking forward to one day having that milestone myself

LBrain 07-28-2014 08:26 AM

Originally Posted by MindfulLiving (Post 4806252)
Congratulation LBrain! Wow, 7 months. Is this the longest that you have ever gone?

I took a break many years ago. This is my first time giving up alcohol for good.
I drank for 40 years. The last year was the worst. Having bottles placed so they were easily available. Near the end I almost always had a 'sip' of vodka when I got a beer. And I was never without a beer in my hand. I couldn't paint without a beer in my hand. I couldn't pull weeds without a beer in my hand. I felt naked without a beer in my hand.
The biggest thing for me was the realization that drinking was no good for me.
And accepting that I could no longer live like that.
It will never have an influence on my life again.

MIRecovery 07-28-2014 09:18 AM

It is a great thing when we realize we can enjoy life sober far more than when we were drunk.

Congrats on 7 months

neferkamichael 07-28-2014 09:22 AM

LBrain, you are just so FANTASTIC, congratulations, rootin for ya. :egypt:

Aellyce 07-28-2014 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by LBrain (Post 4806275)
I felt naked without a beer in my hand.

So now you are deliberately happy at the "nude beach" then :)

Congrats; and that was a cool way of celebrating.

Nowsthetime 07-28-2014 09:31 AM

Woo hoo! Congrats! I always enjoy reading your posts...

Can't wait for my 7...

MIRecovery 07-28-2014 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by haennie (Post 4806353)
So now you are deliberately happy at the "nude beach" then .

I don't think that is one of my the short comings that can be removed:a108: