Notices

must quit again

Old 07-28-2014, 04:14 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

must quit again

Hi!

In January I quit drinking. After a hell of a first week, it became easier. After 1 month, i lied to myself that i can drink socially. Shortly, i was drinking daily again. Now, half year through, i want to quit again. But, what i've noticed, after the 1 month break, i started to get drunk faster, and i have headaches after just a couple of beers.... is this a sign i might be sick? I'm affraid to go to the doctor... Also, my concentration ability is very low, i get bored in seconds, and i cannot read texts larger that a few rows....

lllx
Old 07-28-2014, 04:24 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi and welcome back. We cannot respond to medical questions, it’s best to see a doctor whether we like it or not for many good reasons.

Try to remember that alcohol is a toxic substance which makes it deadly when we abuse it as so many do.
We have choices and being honest with our self about our own drinking is a good start down the path of sobriety.

BE WELL
Old 07-28-2014, 05:28 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Welcome to SR and contrats on making the decision to quit. Decreased tolerance can be a sign if something more serious, but only a doctor can say. I would be much more afraid of the consequence of continuing to drink than seeing a physician.
Old 07-28-2014, 09:53 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome lllx!! Sounds like it's time to give Sobriety a go!!

You can do this!!
Old 07-29-2014, 01:18 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome back! If at first you don't succeed, try again. You don't fail when you stumble, just when you stop getting back up.
Old 07-29-2014, 01:38 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi illx

as scary as it is the only real way to get answers is to see your Dr.

I bet you'll find that things are not so bad as you fear...and they'll only get better if you stay sober from here on in

D
Old 07-29-2014, 04:29 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I was surprised to hear from my psychiatrist that if a person has been a heavy drinking for a long time, it will eventually take less to get drunk!! Something having to do with brain chemistry. I always thought it was the opposite. Go figure.
Old 07-29-2014, 04:52 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Crazy Cat Lady

I found that i could not drink as i used to after a long period of sobriety. It sure wouldn't hurt to see your doctor. I saw mine and fiund out my electrolytes were really off after my drinking and that was at a month sober!