Notices

Buspar

Old 07-26-2014, 07:58 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Buspar

Wondering if anyone has had experience with this drug? Thinking of tapering off xanxax for good. Dr. suggested this as not being addictive. I hope I can just taper of xanax and not use Buspar. Just wondering if anyone has had any prior experiences with it.

**again per forum rules no medical advise just opinions warranted**
Old 07-26-2014, 08:13 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Recovering ostrich

My mom took it for years and swore by it. That is all i know though. It would be nice to take nothing though, but listen to the doc. Take care.
Old 07-27-2014, 05:26 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Personally I tried it once and it didn't do anything. But I've heard mixed reviews from people who use benzos such as xanax for anxiety. Supposedly it does help with physical symptoms like tremors, shaky voice/hands for public speaking anxiety, social anxiety, etc. But it doesn't affect your GABA the way xanax does. That's where your xanax taper would come in, if you are able to make this work for you.

Many people taper from xanax by using a longer-acting benzo, such as klonopin or valium. Has your dr talked with you about these? These often result in fewer withdrawal symptoms as they stay in your system longer.

None of this is intended as medical advice, it's just what I've learned based on my own research and experience as someone who used to take xanax and now sometimes klonopin for panic attacks.