Notices

Little tougher this week...

Old 07-26-2014, 03:36 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Glad the LifeRing meeting was good ... and kudos for making such an effort to get there.

I feel "off" this week too - not sure why, no drinking urges or upsetting situations, I just feel weird. I just keep on keepin' on and I am chalking this week up to quitting smoking. I am using a nicotine replacement, but the effects of ceasing the other chemicals is probably affecting me in some way.

Ugh...being sober is hard enough without unexplained weirdness creeping up on us! Here's to a better week upcoming
Old 07-26-2014, 03:50 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Hi Nuu, me and you are pretty much the same stage, 5 weeks on Monday for me. You are not the only that is starting to see a few cracks in sobriety but nobody said this was going to be easy.

For me its just life in general and dealing with situations that I would put off or didn't care about because I was in a different world to what I am now. But right now as 'hard' as everything is and taking responsibility for things I never used to I can deal with it better because my heads clearer. No doubt the same problems will be there if I were to drink and to be honest I probably would fail at the things im doing now.

I don't know about you Nuu but a problem that I'm facing is that I'm scared of living and I'm also very scared of letting people get close to me. There's a lovely looking girl at my new place at work but I'm just to scared to ask her out and I'm pretty sure she's interested (wey hey ;-) )....and no doubt she will be snapped up sooner rather than later.

Sorry for hijacking your thread, I'm in hope someone understands what I'm on about as I'm not a good writer like yourself and many others that offer inspiration on SR.
Old 07-27-2014, 04:30 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

You're doing really well Nuu Hope you feel in better spirits today and enjoy the pool party
Old 07-28-2014, 04:50 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Thank you all. Just a little update on the Pool Party. I must admit..the first hour upon arrival was a bit challenging. I arrived a couple hours late and folks were already getting their buzz on. The friend who is also sober and was going to attend...bailed at the last minute (she may have wisely decided it was too much of a challenge only weeks out of rehab). I was not overwhelmed by craving...but I felt somehow "out of the loop"..despite another dear friend of mine there drinking nothing but coconut water. So it was her and I and everybody else drinking...and smoking. I have never seen so MANY smokers at a social event in ages.

Soooo...THAT was the craving driving me off the deep end. It would NOT abate. So..I caved on that one.
BUT ..I put my patch back on yesterday. As I have just started to run again (going to a quick one later) I do NOT want that to affect or alter my lung capacity.

So there ya have it...I messed up a wee bit with the cig's...but I'm back on track with that one.

Oh..I should note that the birthday girl...got very, very liquored and very, very emotional..their were crying spells and disapearances to "go have a moment"...and then later...there was anger and belligerence...and at one point my own temper flared at some of the things she was saying. When I looked over at my "coconut water" drinking friend (who has put up with ALL of our drunken BS for years). I said...oh my...will she keep this up? She didn't know. At any rate, she simmered down eventually.

At one point, "coconut water" said..ya know, I don't care if you smoke or don't (she is a non-smoker)...I just don't want to see you drinking anymore. I think she has finally had her fill of us drunkards : )
Old 07-28-2014, 04:54 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

We're all in your cover, Nuu. You are doing great - stay focused!
Old 07-28-2014, 07:00 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Great job Nuu on handling the pool party challenge! As an ex-smoker I'm glad you are back on the patch. Good luck on the training
Old 07-28-2014, 07:07 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Nuudawn View Post
Thank you all. Just a little update on the Pool Party. I must admit..the first hour upon arrival was a bit challenging. I arrived a couple hours late and folks were already getting their buzz on. The friend who is also sober and was going to attend...bailed at the last minute (she may have wisely decided it was too much of a challenge only weeks out of rehab). I was not overwhelmed by craving...but I felt somehow "out of the loop"..despite another dear friend of mine there drinking nothing but coconut water. So it was her and I and everybody else drinking...and smoking. I have never seen so MANY smokers at a social event in ages.

Soooo...THAT was the craving driving me off the deep end. It would NOT abate. So..I caved on that one.
BUT ..I put my patch back on yesterday. As I have just started to run again (going to a quick one later) I do NOT want that to affect or alter my lung capacity.

So there ya have it...I messed up a wee bit with the cig's...but I'm back on track with that one.

Oh..I should note that the birthday girl...got very, very liquored and very, very emotional..their were crying spells and disapearances to "go have a moment"...and then later...there was anger and belligerence...and at one point my own temper flared at some of the things she was saying. When I looked over at my "coconut water" drinking friend (who has put up with ALL of our drunken BS for years). I said...oh my...will she keep this up? She didn't know. At any rate, she simmered down eventually.

At one point, "coconut water" said..ya know, I don't care if you smoke or don't (she is a non-smoker)...I just don't want to see you drinking anymore. I think she has finally had her fill of us drunkards : )
Oh, I was literally JUST wondering how the party went.

Mate, oh, when I read your description of everyone being buzzed when you got there...it made ME want a ciggie right now - and I haven't smoked in nearly 2 years!!!!!

So, yeah, considering your rehab buddy bailed, you did well. Amazing when the drama plays out in Sober Technicolour, hey? Had a similar incident earlier this year at a wedding, Oh Boy.

Hugs and good on you, Honey. You are doing great. Now, go eat some ice cream. And buy yourself something pretty.