Notices

Teen son addict

Old 07-25-2014, 07:42 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Teen son addict

I hope I have finally found some support. Feel like I'm alone in this. My 17 year old son, almost 18, is in rehab a second time for Xanax and hydro condone, and marijuana. He is in drug court due to stealing a RX from a neighbors home while cat sitting and selling it. I'm a mess. His dad and I are divorced and his dad is hateful to me so there is no communication. Please give advice
Old 07-25-2014, 07:47 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Oh, I can imagine your worry.
I dont have much advice, as I wish I had done many things differently with my son ... but if my son was 17 again, I would let him suffer every consequence that did not kill him.

I am so sorry. Stick around here, the support here is amazing! You are not alone!

You might also want to post this in Friends and Family of substance abusers,- there is a lot of good advice there too!
Old 07-25-2014, 08:15 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I am so sorry , I can only imagine how horrible this is for you. My sister had a bit of a drug problem but she was in her late 30's. To be honest after many attempts to help her and talk to her and her yelling and screaming and getting violent. We had to show her tough love. We forced her to get help and she is now doing so much better. She sometimes says that she does not remember the horrible crap she put me and my parents through. That is scary , During this time my anxiety was very high and I started to drink more and more to calm my nerves which is why I am here!

I wish you the best of luck, Hopefully rehab can help him this time and he will want to help himself. Bless you!