Notices

A confession.

Old 07-26-2014, 10:38 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Mindful, Try to be kind and patient with yourself. That wasn't even the real 'Mindful' who did those things that are painful to remember. I did many out of character things that are still almost impossible to believe. I had to let it go though - because the memories would cause sleepless nights and almost led me back to drinking just to shut off the thoughts.

These memories will dim with time. Continue to walk forward and be the person you really are. What counts is the life you have right in front of you, not the one in the rear view mirror. It's good you wanted to talk about this! Great stuff said by the others, very helpful for me too. Thank you!
Old 07-26-2014, 05:47 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I passed out while standing up on a side walk out side of a bar and fell straight back on the concrete. I cracked my head open and there was blood everywhere. Someone called an ambulance and when I got in there I kept trying to open the door and jump out. When I got to the hospital they had to tie me to the bed because I wouldn't let them put stitches in my head. Really?!? Funny now...happened several years ago....but pretty pathetic too. Poor nurses and doctors at that ER that night. :-/

Sent from my iPhone using SoberRecovery
Old 07-26-2014, 08:43 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

We all have memories of things we did that we are ashamed of. All we can do is forgive ourselves and let it go, knowing that if we stay sober most of it won't be repeated. I like the making the list and burning it idea.