Notices

Energy level ???

Old 07-25-2014, 05:34 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Energy level ???

Last night was the first night in 2 yrs, no drinking. usually drank 6-9 beers in the eve.
Slept well (finally) but have NO energy today.

Have you seen this no energy thing happen to you early on???
Headed off to the gym, entering day 2 now......!!!!
Old 07-25-2014, 05:36 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Yes. The gym is a great idea. Congrats on your first sober night in years.
Old 07-25-2014, 05:37 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Pretty common in the early days/weeks. Your body is healing and readjusting. Watch your sugar intake or lack thereof.

Have a great workout!
Old 07-25-2014, 05:39 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Alcohol has a lot of carbs....are you eating ok?

I had no appetite when I first got sober.
Old 07-25-2014, 05:40 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

This happens when coming off just about any drug. Try and stay away from coffee and energy drinks, they'll cause you the plummet harder when what you want to do is force your body to give you energy by exercising.

Have a good one at the gym!
Old 07-25-2014, 05:56 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Energy level in the beginning was very low. Try and eat as much as you can. Also take a multi vitamin. And a b complex. It will get better day by day. Good job.
Old 07-25-2014, 06:01 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I'm day 13, and still extremely tired and fatigued. At work past 2 I'm like a zombie. I push myself to the gym most nights to occupy myself if my kids aren't home. I've been in bed and asleep by 10 (instead of passed out on couch. .. lol) I'm wondering myself when it will end.
Old 07-25-2014, 06:04 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

You know, I hesitated (for MONTHS) joining and posting here (I thought) "I dont need help, high 5's or to be cheered on..... I got this....
Well, I was very wrong and am SO encouraged by the support already . thank you ALL!
I will watch sugar...and force my body to get up, go to the gym NOW.

Im ready to kick this bondage of Alcohol and be (more) free!
again...wow, thank you all
Old 07-25-2014, 06:25 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Good on you! Stay positive and you got this!
Old 07-25-2014, 06:54 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Welcome to the Forum!!

Yeah first few weeks I just crashed out every day after work, the body can't heal in a day, it needs time after years of dealing with alcohol!! Keep pushing through!!
Old 07-25-2014, 08:37 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

On day 20 here and extreme fatigue has been my biggest problem. I have been eating very healthy foods and exercising. I think it is very gradually getting better. Just keep sober and take care of yourself. It can only get better over the long haul. Congratulations on taking the step to be sober.
Old 07-25-2014, 08:50 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MindfulLiving View Post
On day 20 here and extreme fatigue has been my biggest problem. I have been eating very healthy foods and exercising. I think it is very gradually getting better. Just keep sober and take care of yourself. It can only get better over the long haul. Congratulations on taking the step to be sober.
I'll second everything Mindful said. I'm on day 19 and sleep is still tough. I am still averaging around 4 hours each night. Although, I feel more like "myself" as each sober day passes and i am definitely more productive on day 19 than i was the first couple of days.

Welcome and hang in there. Although, it is one of the toughest struggles I've ever had to overcome, it is so worth the benefit and i can't wait to keep adding to my 19 days.

Best of luck!
Old 07-25-2014, 08:51 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

The energy will come back. In fact, it will be better than before I'm pretty sure.
Old 07-25-2014, 09:33 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I had zilch energy for the first couple of weeks. I joined a gym but even the thought of going was taxing. I just rode it out. I didn't want to exert myself too much because then I might have 'rewarded' myself with a drink. So I was a bit of a lazy lady of leisure. If you keep going your energy will come back double what it was before. Stay strong
Old 07-25-2014, 09:46 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I've been sober almost 2 years and today, I've NO energy today either, but its just life in general... Early on, I remember being so in awe of remembering everything I did that I had energy to spare, I was on some sort of high, then I crashed for few weeks. I think much of it was emotional fatigue. eventually you go back to normal. I actually did a senior cardio video in the early months, found on demand in the exercise area..got me breathing a little heavy (could keep up with people 35 years older) and helped clear the head. It was not taxing at all...
Old 07-25-2014, 09:50 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by donewithitnow View Post
Last night was the first night in 2 yrs, no drinking. usually drank 6-9 beers in the eve.
Slept well (finally) but have NO energy today.

Have you seen this no energy thing happen to you early on???
Headed off to the gym, entering day 2 now......!!!!
Oh good gracious yes. I have posted more than one thread on it. But look at you heading to the gym. Nice work. I have been sober over a month and I FINALLY went for a run just yesterday (yay me!).
Old 07-25-2014, 10:00 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

I'll add to the gang in saying that it is recovery from an illness, it takes time. I ate a lot of carbs in the first month (especially ice cream and Doves dark chocolate.) Carb withdrawal feels like the flu so replace some of the sugar that you have been getting from alcohol. The sugar cravings diminished for me around the two month mark.

At two and a half months I felt like I could conquer anything. At now five months I'm back to the reality of healthy living. Good food, regular exercise and eight hours of sleep a night.
Old 07-25-2014, 10:03 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by biminiblue View Post
I'll add to the gang in saying that it is recovery from an illness, it takes time. I ate a lot of carbs in the first month (especially ice cream and Doves dark chocolate.) Carb withdrawal feels like the flu so replace some of the sugar that you have been getting from alcohol. The sugar cravings diminished for me around the two month mark.

At two and a half months I felt like I could conquer anything. At now five months I'm back to the reality of healthy living. Good food, regular exercise and eight hours of sleep a night.
Thanks Bim. Needed to hear that.
Old 07-25-2014, 10:24 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Day 75 here and all I can manage to do is walk to work or home from work (a 30min walk each way) and that's not even everyday!

Mind you - my low back is screwed and I'm in jail on weekends which is draining the lifeblood outta me. I'm off work next week so am *planning* on getting to my gym FINALLY.

props to you!!! LOL send me some of that there energy!
Old 07-25-2014, 10:47 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

I am just shy of 2 years and the most vivid memory I have of my first 3 months is the exhaustion. I was sooooooooo tired. All of the time. I slept and slept and slept for what seemed to be 100 years but was really only like 12 weeks of hardcore sleeping.

Then one day it just lifted. Thankfully. I returned to normal 8 hour nights and haven't looked back. It does get better. Just gotta ride it out.

Congrats on your sober time - keep it up!!!