Notices

Closing in on week 2, but

Old 07-25-2014, 04:54 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Closing in on week 2, but

almost all of 'my things' remind me of drink. Music, movies, places (I don't mean bars) etc... I know finding a way of getting my drink on in most situations was a big part of my life, but I hope this ends soon. It's like a bad break up. How long did it take any of you to not associate booze with everyday things? Thanks for reading my rant.
Old 07-25-2014, 05:01 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I don't want a drink anymore, but still sometimes I will be relaxing by the fire on the patio, and I think a glass of wine would sure be nice. But think it through. A glass of wine would do nothing. It would have to be a bottle or two, and then the embarrassment of not remembering the night before. Not feeling well, etc. Thoughts come and go. It is like a bad break up at first, but every day gets better. I am loving the sober life now. Hang in there. Each day is one day further on the journey. You can do this, and YES it does get easier. I would not go back for anything. It also helps to remember, most cravings last less then 15 minutes. Distract yourself till they are gone. You are not alone. Post anytime you need, we are all here for you.
Old 07-25-2014, 05:03 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by pumpkinny View Post
almost all of 'my things' remind me of drink. Music, movies, places (I don't mean bars) etc... I know finding a way of getting my drink on in most situations was a big part of my life, but I hope this ends soon. It's like a bad break up. How long did it take any of you to not associate booze with everyday things? Thanks for reading my rant.
I feel it's exactly like a bad breakup.. you got that right! Damned if I know when it stops.. but I am curious to find out myself. The thing about breakups is, when you miss the other person you usually only remember the good things aout the relationship.. and never the bad things. With alcohol though.. for myself.. there were lots of those bad things.
Old 07-25-2014, 05:47 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Working-cl*** pseudo tough

With the resolute thought for quitting drinking, I acknowledge that many "fun" things I associated with drinking may not be "fun" anymore.

For me, getting sober means that I'll need to find new fun things to do. And that's OK.
Old 07-25-2014, 10:13 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

For me everything reminded me of alcohol is because I did everything with alcohol, went to the movies, went to concerts, watched sports, all with alcohol!!

The more though I changed my habits and pattern of life the more alcohol got sidelined and it stopped being associated with everything!!

Give it time!!