Notices

Day 6 - The dreaded Friday evening

Old 07-25-2014, 12:39 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 6 - The dreaded Friday evening

Morning everyone,
So here we are - day 6 .....
It's the dreaded Friday !!!!! ..... we always have a drink on a Friday evening ..... (we've always had a drink every evening ...... but this is Friday ..... this is a special drinking evening !!!! .....) that was always my thinking on a Friday.

My nerves are kicking in already and it's only 8.30am here in Scotland.....dreading this evening ..... but there is no way I'm going to drink !!!

xxxxxx
Old 07-25-2014, 01:02 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

You can do this Shenzy - time for some new Friday Night Traditions!

D
Old 07-25-2014, 01:12 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

What's the alternative plan for this evening?

I always found planning ahead removed any oppourtunity for alcohol, don't leave things to chance and go along with the flow, we all know where that might lead!!

You can do this!!
Old 07-25-2014, 02:24 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Been having a think about this evening.
My DS has a birthday party tomorrow at the local community centre for 2 of his friends - so instead of the usual last minute panic (cause I've always been so disorganised.....and hungover), I'll take a drive into Toys R Us this evening and get some gift vouchers & birthday cards. I'll take the dog for a very long walk when I get home, then watch some of the Commonwealth Games ..... then go to bed ..... xxxx
Old 07-25-2014, 03:40 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

You can always depend on the sober weekend thread to be active and supportive:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...25th-27th.html
Old 07-25-2014, 03:45 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I wonder if you would be able to reframe this....

FRIDAY IS HERE!!! My FIRST sober FRIDAY!!! How wonderful this is!!!

I've only been to Scotland once. I recall it being an incredibly beautiful land. I was drunk most of the time.... and if not drunk then recovering from being drunk or in the process of getting drunk again.

I would love to go back there again and experience the beauty of that land in its pure, sober form.

This Friday, you are sober in a beautiful land with the opportunity for the first time in perhaps a very long time to go and do something different..... visit the coast, hike the hills, sit beside a lake and feel the wind speaking to you, wander the back alleys of a town you've never really seen from the personal side.......

There is at least one person in the world who has Sober Scotland on his bucket list, and today you have the ability to go do that. AHH!!!! WHAT A BEAUTIFUL THING!!!

What the bloody hell is there to be nervous about??? THIS, my friend, is a time of blessed excitement.

Don't let it slip through your grasp.

Old 07-25-2014, 04:48 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Shenzy congraftulations on day 6! The first sober weekend was tough on me mentally too. Just think tomorrow you will be waking up sober, not in a fog or hung over. You can have a tremendous Saturday that wont be distorted by alcohol.

For me that is one of the best parts. As far as tonight is concerned is there something you could plan to do that you wouldn't have done while drinking? I find my options are wide open now on friday nights. No more driving drunk, no more staying in so as not to make a fool of myself, no more being so dependant on alcohol that I have to plan all of my actions around my next drink.

Try tp plan something fun. Doesn't have to be extravagant, just something that you normally wouldn't do because of the limitations while drinking.

For me, I get to take my 9 year old son to a minor league baseball game. Doesn't start until 6 tonight and usually I would be too drunk to make the 2 hour drive. Its going to be great.

Best of luck, you can do this!