Notices

I need tomorrow to be day one

Old 07-24-2014, 03:40 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I need tomorrow to be day one

I read 90% of the posts on here. You can look at my old posts for my history. Bottom line is ..... reading isn't working. I need to post and I need some cyber support. I have a 3-day weekend. I need to do this.
Old 07-24-2014, 03:51 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I've not got too much to offer as I'm new myself, but I just wanted to give some encouragement.

I've had a few day 1s myself, though, so I know the only way to get to the other side and feel better is to start with that day 1.

Not much advice, I know, just wanted to offer some support.
Old 07-24-2014, 03:55 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I'm a "day 1" veteran. Been through so many of them that I lost count long ago.

I'm a newbie as well, but hey, we need to hang together!

You can certainly do it, no doubt.
Old 07-24-2014, 03:59 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I'm no sober pro. But I managed 4 1/2 months relapse twice now 19 days without a drink. Wow sober. Are you detoxing at home? Maybe go see your GP to see if it's safe and maybe get a little something to help with withdrawals?? It's dangerous.

It's like anything in life, you need,to hang for awhile before you realize the benefit. But once you do, it's great. Good luck my Friend.
Old 07-24-2014, 04:13 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Relapse is not worth it. Maybe 2-3 hours of fun and the rest is regret.
Old 07-24-2014, 04:14 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Raider, check your PM.
Detox at home. No worries. I can do. I actually love the (nasty) sweet smell of detox sweats. I know it is gross, but just reminds me of what I am doing. A good thing!
Old 07-24-2014, 04:16 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi ali

if 'reading isn't working' have you thought about what else you might do?

D
Old 07-24-2014, 04:19 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Just need you people here tomorrow when I want to drink. I promise to give back down the road.
Old 07-24-2014, 04:21 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I told myself, you can have a drink tomorrow...and I've tomorrowed myself into a week short of 2 years. I remember my 2nd sober day..I felt so darn good. Just remembering everything I did. and after a week, my eyes didn't have a red tinge.. after a month, my face didn't look bloated. Early on, I stayed very busy... everything, from cleaning closets, to simply doing exercise dvd's... read. Also, the biggest for me..Was I started living how I always wanted to live. Things like having afternoon tea/coffee with nice china, even by myself, but my kids like it too. Even though I'd gained wt, I envisioned acting like I was thin again, and acted/ate like a thin person. They sound small, but I never gave to myself, so these small acts were good. I'd wake early to simply be able to have my coffee in peace and quiet.
Old 07-24-2014, 04:22 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Hi ali

if 'reading isn't working' have you thought about what else you might do?

D
Yes, D. I am posting!! You have access to my account and (lack of) posting act

activities!
Old 07-24-2014, 04:26 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ESD907 View Post
I told myself, you can have a drink tomorrow...and I've tomorrowed myself into a week short of 2 years. I remember my 2nd sober day..I felt so darn good. Just remembering everything I did. and after a week, my eyes didn't have a red tinge.. after a month, my face didn't look bloated. Early on, I stayed very busy... everything, from cleaning closets, to simply doing exercise dvd's... read. Also, the biggest for me..Was I started living how I always wanted to live. Things like having afternoon tea/coffee with nice china, even by myself, but my kids like it too. Even though I'd gained wt, I envisioned acting like I was thin again, and acted/ate like a thin person. They sound small, but I never gave to myself, so these small acts were good. I'd wake early to simply be able to have my coffee in peace and quiet.
This post is awesome. Thanks!!!!!
Old 07-24-2014, 04:39 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

new here

All I can say is I approach this one day hell even one hour at a time. On my good days I simply choose not to drink that day. On bad day it's an hour at a time.
For me thinking about a whole weekend freaks me out.

So my advice is one moment at a time.
Old 07-24-2014, 04:43 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
instant

Think of it as an adventure. The suffering of the first days and week can be hard, but it is worth it. I cannot believe the positive changes in my life since i got sober!!