Notices

Day 5 feels numb

Old 07-24-2014, 09:31 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 5 feels numb

I am really having a difficult time understanding exactly how I feel today. I almost feel out of it, like I'm being medicated. I'm sure I'll be fine. I have no urge to drink. My employer shares a parking lot with a huge sports bar so I worry that one of these evenings the temptation will arise. So far, no issues. I am still feeling guilty as I will probably do so for months and years to come. It sure is nice to be able to come here for support. I wake up in the mornings, looking forward to coming on here and reading everyone's posts and getting feedback on my own. Anyway, have a great day SR and keep on fighting the good fight
Old 07-24-2014, 09:45 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Great job on Day 5!! Keep pushing through!!
Old 07-24-2014, 09:48 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ProudDaddy View Post
I am really having a difficult time understanding exactly how I feel today. I almost feel out of it, like I'm being medicated. I'm sure I'll be fine. I have no urge to drink. My employer shares a parking lot with a huge sports bar so I worry that one of these evenings the temptation will arise. So far, no issues. I am still feeling guilty as I will probably do so for months and years to come. It sure is nice to be able to come here for support. I wake up in the mornings, looking forward to coming on here and reading everyone's posts and getting feedback on my own. Anyway, have a great day SR and keep on fighting the good fight
Yeah, totally, I hear that man! Numb like a zombie in ways.. I'm on day five myself. In other ways though, I feel great, maybe it's because I haven't woken up with a raging hangover in almost a week. Which is impressive for me. I had an urge to drink last night but I dodged the bullet. It's been sunny out, summertime weather makes me want to drink beer. Good luck pal
Old 07-24-2014, 09:53 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Awesome job on day 5. I am on day 18 and still have that numb and foggy feeling. I think its just my body / mind recovering from no alcohol after 21 years of heavy drinking.
Old 07-24-2014, 09:54 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Its my day 3 - I expected to wake up not puffy with clear eyes and down about 15 lbs, lol! But I look as bad as ever! I've had a migraine since yesterday & I woke up at 3:45am & couldn't go back to sleep. I too feel guilty for all the time I've wasted with alcohol, but I feel optimistic. I've decided to look at alcohol as my cancer, my rat poison. I wouldn't knowingly drink a glass of stage 4 cancer on purpose right?
Old 07-24-2014, 09:54 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by HockeyGuy View Post
It's been sunny out, summertime weather makes me want to drink beer.

I was just thinking the other day about "my triggers". I can associate drinking with absolutely anything that I do. Just because it's nice out, cooking, cleaning, socializing, music and so on and so forth. Pretty meaningless living! Great job refusing to give in to temptation. Keep it up!
Old 07-24-2014, 11:08 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Hi ProudDaddy.

I felt that way for the first few weeks. Very foggy & spacey. Everything got better though. Now, drinking rarely crosses my mind. Never believed that would happen.
Old 07-24-2014, 11:47 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Gl@ss Artist & Cat Lady

Normal feelings. I'm on day 11. I feel similar. Just kinda going through the motions. I'm waiting for it to pass. I'm just sort of existing right now. Eating, sleeping, working and haven't found joy in too much lately. But I know it's temporary.
Old 07-24-2014, 12:34 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
EndGame

I am still feeling guilty as I will probably do so for months and years to come.
No, you won't. Not if you continue to take care of yourself and start building a better life. When it comes to feelings of guilt and other emotions, nothing is so temporary as assuming that our current state will be permanent. But only when we actively participate in making it temporary. Nothing in nature demonstrates growth and change in the absence of positive activity.
Old 07-24-2014, 01:17 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I am still feeling guilty as I will probably do so for months and years to come.
better than staying drunk for months and years to come