Notices

A "petty" sober weekend thread! July 25th - 27th!!!

Old 07-26-2014, 09:31 AM
  # 141 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Non.... That's it... I have put up with those little taunts long enough. Let do this.

Cats are superior to dogs in many ways. And dogs are to cats. Let's agree on those terms.

Now for the fact your neighbor would only have been saved by a dog?

Let this video be a lesson that had your neighbor been walking his cat he could still have been saved by Fluffy!!!

Cat Fights Off Dog And Saves Little Boy Original Raw Video - YouTube
Old 07-26-2014, 09:35 AM
  # 142 (permalink)  

I should read Bridget Jones again. I just finished washing the floors in my living and dining rooms. I am out of shape because it took longer and I am more tired than I should be. While I was washing near my book shelves I pondered the books, thinking of the ones I have read, and the ones I should read. Take Emma. I've read every single Jane Austen novel except Emma. It just sits there. I've started it a bunch of times but have just never been able to finish it.

Enough pondering. Daughter wants rock star hair. Red dye from a can, left over from last Halloween. She put it in on her own yesterday and looked as if she had a head wound. I have to put it in.
Old 07-26-2014, 09:37 AM
  # 143 (permalink)  

CharlieSM... Hope you are feeling more up than down. I find sober Saturdays a bit like that. My head tells me I have all day and tomorrow to recover and my emotions go like the wind. I let them just pass and read more posts.

I find being sober at drunk times to be an unsettling feeling. I have gotten use to it but still at times when I was always... And I mean always... Drunk it's still odd.

Good to see you joining the petty weekend!

Great pic everyone! Love them!

Even the fox killer... Such a beautiful Shepard non! I love those dogs.
Old 07-26-2014, 10:00 AM
  # 144 (permalink)  

Hey Weekenders,

Saturday evening here, loving all the pet pics, cats and dogs alike!!

I was working this morning, and then have been checking out the Commonwealth Games, there's plenty of random events that I never see any other time of the year.

My culinary skills were on show in the kitchen about an hour ago, currently have a chicken tikka masala bubbling in the oven, all cooked from scratch, the things a person can achieve on a Saturday afternoon without a hangover to nurse.

This evening going to brew a pot of green tea and settle in to finally work out which ice hockey fixtures I'll be able to make for our local league, need to compare the fixture list to my work schedule and take things from there, I am getting excited for the new season already, and it doesn't start until end of Aug!!

Hope we're all doing well!! Let's keep it Sober!!
Old 07-26-2014, 10:03 AM
  # 145 (permalink)  

I just spray painted my daughters hair. It looks decent but her scalp still looks kind of gory.

The remaining mouse looks lonely. No more mice though. We are going to get ready to head to my brothers house for my nieces birthday party. Family party, that is. Sleepover is next weekend for her friends. Just a hamster at my brother's house. Talk to you all later. I will be bringing you all along with my iPad.
Old 07-26-2014, 01:11 PM
  # 146 (permalink)  

Nice little Saturday here. Went to town, picked up some papaya and bananas. Went to the cafe and met a friend, stopped at the cell phone store, then sat in the park and enjoyed the weekend scene. Plus, I took the bus ALL BY MYSELF today! LOL.

Old 07-26-2014, 01:18 PM
  # 147 (permalink)  
pray for strength

WOW. BigS. That looks like a rock band tour bus from Hell. Are the seats covered in red velvet? Free tickets for those riding in full costume?

Old 07-26-2014, 01:28 PM
  # 148 (permalink)  

Haha TLV - All the buses look like that here. They are old American school buses, brought down here after they are retired. They then "pimp my ride" and they all get painted up with various crazy things. You want to know what the inside looks like? Well, the seats are NOT covered in red velvet:

Old 07-26-2014, 01:32 PM
  # 149 (permalink)  

Looks amazing, bigsombrero, thanks for posting the pics.
Old 07-26-2014, 01:36 PM
  # 150 (permalink)  

Great stuff BigS... Keep me coming. Fun to see other places. Any stray pets? Lol
Old 07-26-2014, 01:39 PM
  # 151 (permalink)  

Amazing pictures BigS
Old 07-26-2014, 02:04 PM
  # 152 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

A woodworker with a pristine shop is not to be trusted.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
sanctuary.jpg (42.1 KB, 72 views)
Old 07-26-2014, 02:19 PM
  # 153 (permalink)  

Non . . . that reminds me I bought a spanner and wrench set a few years back to learn how to do routine maintenance on my car, well they are currently upstairs, never been out of the box, the plastic cover may even still be on the box!!

Never trust a mechanic with shinny spanners either!!
Old 07-26-2014, 02:20 PM
  # 154 (permalink)  

BigS, I love the bus photo! I want a bus like that!

At my brothers for my nieces birthday. No alcohol involved. Discussing French translations. My mother is the only person who has any smattering. We figured out the word they were looking at was firefly. My brother and his family just returned from Quebec.

My dad sent me this photo after I asked him to. He took it last week in Indiana. No special effects, just a straight camera shot. I hope it turns out here. Different layers of sun.

Old 07-26-2014, 02:25 PM
  # 155 (permalink)  

Wow, that's a beautiful photo, Ruby2, absolutely stunning. Glad you're having fun at your niece's birthday.

I've had a nice relaxing Saturday evening, here on SR a lot and still watching the Commonwealth Games. I enjoyed my curry!

This is a great thread, very busy!
Old 07-26-2014, 02:50 PM
  # 156 (permalink)  

Still Life with Pickles.

My trip to the garden this morning yielded a bag full of cucumbers, so pickles needed to be made. Six jars were produced.

Nothing in the POBox this week, but I heard that there are extraordinarily fabulous things on the way!
Hope everyone is well!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
photo (19).JPG (47.3 KB, 59 views)
Old 07-26-2014, 03:55 PM
  # 157 (permalink)  

Beautiful photo, Olive.

Well, almost time for bed for me, just coming up to midnight here in Blighty.

See you all tomorrow!
Old 07-26-2014, 04:49 PM
  # 158 (permalink)  

Cool pics, love seeing the workshop put to good use Nons. Olive, I would love to try a pickle! Are those bread-and-butter pickles? Those are my favorites....I should PM you and send you a postcard one of these days. I think you might receive it a year from now, considering it's been 3 weeks since I sent one to my niece and she hasn't received it.

Thanks for the comments on the crazy bus rides, etc. It's fun being "wide awake" down here and seeing everything through sober eyes. I used to stumble around the world drunk as a skunk, missing half of the experience - and often getting into pretty dangerous situations! On a side note, I remember a TV show (Travel Channel maybe?) where a guy would go around the world and play drinking games and get absolutely hammered, and then try the local hangover cures the next morning. Pretty low-brow programming, and not surprisingly it didn't last long. Probably because the guy was an alcoholic and it promoted binge drinking, among other things! That was a TV show, and there was a lot of editing going on. Same goes for my memory, remembering the "good times" but forgetting what a terrible mess I was 98% of the time.

Tonight I am going to sample the night life - just a bit. I think it will be my first night "out" past 8pm! I've been getting lots of opportunities to hang with new crowds, but I've been pretty selective/cautious about who I choose to associate with. I have all I can handle down here already on my plate, no point in rushing into a social structure that's too fast-paced. That said, it's also been nice being in the company of others!

Thanks again for a great weekend thread everyone!
Old 07-26-2014, 05:33 PM
  # 159 (permalink)  

I think Olive is secretly spray painting those hydrangeas. gorgeous!

Have a good night out BigS. It would be fun.

I'm still at my brothers. Red velvet cake and vanilla ice cream with fudge. We will leave after the phineas and Ferb "Star Wars" special ends. iPad almost out of power. Mmtalk later.
Old 07-26-2014, 05:49 PM
  # 160 (permalink)  

You are funny, Ruby!
I actually think it is just the specific flavor of hydrangea, I have no idea which one it would be.
But, because I love you guys so much, I went out and got a pH soil tester and tested the soil.

You can see that the test reads 6.0 (or maybe you can't see, cause I am a lousy photographer), and the cheat sheet, which I will post next, lists Hydrangea Blue at 4.0 to 5.0, with white and pinks at a higher pH, such as 6.0.

There!
Right?
I know! Still no clue!

photo (22).JPG