Notices

I am going clincally insane!!!!!!

Old 07-20-2014, 01:09 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I am going clincally insane!!!!!!

I don't think I was made to deal with anything in this world. So much sh*t lately all at once.............and I cant even take some time to ****** talk on here about it. I feel like SCREW it I want a drink! Everything is ****** anyway!!!!!!!!1

Last edited by Dee74; 07-20-2014 at 02:06 PM.
Old 07-20-2014, 01:18 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

well technically, if you were insane you wouldn't know it. so you are just frustrated and angry, as many of us have been more than a few times.
Try to hang on and breathe. get yourself through this. drinking does not make it go away. all it does is temporarily remove your thoughts from whatever it is that is bothering you.
drinking won't fix it.

if you knew my whole story you'd wonder how I made it through it. Still dealing with repercussions of drinking. And life.
Old 07-20-2014, 01:19 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Stay strong windancer -- you can do it!
Old 07-20-2014, 01:25 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

In my experience alcohol neither fixes or helps any situation, it only makes things worse!!

Hang in there!!
Old 07-20-2014, 01:27 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Drinking will make it all worse, that's one of the few things in life that is 100% guaranteed. Plus you get to start all over on day 1 with some additional shame and guilt sprinkled in for good measure.

Turn off the ringer on the phone, shut off the tv and take a walk. You can't fix everything at once so take time for yourself too....you need it now more than ever.
Old 07-20-2014, 01:34 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
EndGame

You're not crazy, Windancer, but you've been all over the map since you returned, particularly in terms of your relationship. Please take this as an observation in the service of offering you motivation and support so as to act on what needs to be done, rather than as a criticism. There's nothing shameful about seeking professional help, and your other solution, to just drink, will only make things much worse.
Old 07-20-2014, 01:36 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thanks. Im not going to drink. Ive calmed down a bit. Things are just not going well lately and its only my day 2 of sobriety.
Old 07-20-2014, 01:41 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I'm on Day 2 as well - I am just trying to keep busy, it will be worth it in the long run. When I think about drinking, I remember the quote: "If you keep doing what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got".

You are a strong person and can do this.
Old 07-20-2014, 02:03 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Be patient and allow yourself to work things through without the drink. You'll be amazed at he results. It does take time though. Stay strong
Old 07-20-2014, 02:09 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Yes, I have been all over the map. Hope I can get to grips soon.
Old 07-20-2014, 02:09 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

There's no two ways about it windancer - early recovery is rough...and life won't stop for us to get ourselves together...

but it's not forever - things do get better, and you can do this.

Your inneraddict is going to use every situation, every emotion, every fear, to try and get you to drink. Resist.

Do try and make time to talk about things, to have some time for yourself and your recovery - it's as important as you wanna make it

D
Old 07-20-2014, 02:12 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee! You are a blessing on this site.
Old 07-20-2014, 02:14 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Just so everyone knows, I am not bipolar even though ive felt like it lately. I have Borderline personality disorder, severe PTSD, and on and off depression and anxiety issues. I am getting help, seeing a pchycologist who has known me since I was 12, and im still waiting to hear back after an inpatient program and/or aftercare.
Old 07-20-2014, 02:16 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I am on day 48 or 49, one of those days, but I do remember day 2. I was lonely, scared, frightened, and crying all the time. And my body was tense as a board! I kept telling myself to hang in there because I've had weeks of sobriety before, and that most of what I'm feeling now shall pass. I stayed very close to SR during that time, and kept reading newcomers stories as well as stories of those who have a lot more time than us. That part really helped. I wanted the calm, the peace, the clarity these people had that were farther along than me. I still do! That's not to mean that there won't be difficult times; there shall but I want to be able to face them sober. I believe you can too!
Old 07-20-2014, 02:24 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

That's wonderful that you are seeking out help!

I have depression/anxiety issues that I get treatment for and I think it is great to get any help and support we need from a variety of sources.
Old 07-20-2014, 02:30 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Windancer View Post
Just so everyone knows, I am not bipolar even though ive felt like it lately. I have Borderline personality disorder, severe PTSD, and on and off depression and anxiety issues.
That's a pretty big bushel right there hon. Prayers you will find inpatient placement.