Notices

This time feels different...

Old 07-20-2014, 01:04 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Realising my life

This is so good to read, Raider. If you're able to change your mindset, the whole journey seems much easier

Hang tight! This could be your time
Old 07-20-2014, 01:19 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Gl@ss Artist & Cat Lady

Originally Posted by Raider View Post
2. I'm watching the end of the 2000 movies that I have seen the start of 4 times. Always too wasted to see the end.
Thanks.
I had to chuckle when I read this one. Same here... I started so many movies and passed out never to see the end of them.

It feels so good to be sober.

I love your kitty pics. Keep sharing those.
Old 07-20-2014, 02:39 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats Raider - you sound great!

D
Old 07-20-2014, 02:46 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Happy for you Raider. Been looking forward to a thread like this. Fuzz just adorable beyond words.
Old 07-20-2014, 02:49 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Keep the momentum and positive attitude going raider
Old 07-20-2014, 07:27 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

You sound good, raider. Congratulations on your 2 weeks. Job well done. The Fuzz is the most outrageous cat-too cute for words. I'm sure she's glad you aren't drinking.
Old 07-20-2014, 08:32 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Hey Raider

Keep up the good work. I stopped envying other folk's ability to drink when I accepted that I was an alcoholic. It has taken a while but nowadays I am indifferent to alcohol. I hope that viewpoint stays with me forever. I guess I was able to have a good time just being me without any "enhancements"
Old 07-20-2014, 11:13 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Great job on the 13 days! And thank you for posting, I really enjoyed reading it.
Old 07-20-2014, 11:18 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

*big hugs*
Old 07-21-2014, 01:02 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

I'm glad to see you're on track again, Raider.
Old 07-21-2014, 04:02 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

sometimes our missteps make us stronger, failures lead to success. You can do it!
Old 07-21-2014, 04:09 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Glad to hear things are going good, Raider. Keep up the good work!
Old 07-21-2014, 04:18 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

So glad to read your post!! You so totally rock squirt!!!! (Nemo). Keep on going, you sound great! And dear god, that cat!! I love Fuzz!!!
Old 07-21-2014, 07:16 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

yay Raider!!!! this is so great to hear (read)
I have many movies I need to just start at the 50min mark myself. LMAO
Old 07-21-2014, 07:30 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

I feel the same way right now too - pretty happy and comfortable - but not complacent. I realize that some people can, and do, have a fun time while drinking, and I used to also, but not anymore. I am a different person when I drink now - incapable of having a safe, good time. I become lazy, reclusive, incapacitated, unappreciative and unlikable. I don't envy anyone I see having a few drinks because I know, and I hope I never forget, the damn misery is causes for my family and myself.

I have been to a few concerts the past couple weeks and I just watch the people that are drinking too much. It makes me appreciate being sober more because I see what it does to people and shows me what I was most likely like when drinking. It stopped being fun quite a while ago and I know it will never be fun again because relapsing showed me that I will just continue where I left off and always go further down than the previous time.
Old 07-21-2014, 07:34 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  
KAD
Left the bottle behind 4/16/2015

Yea maybe so. Envious because I can't just have a nice time. And if I can't just have a nice time, I don't want it at all.
There's the distinction. That moment has passed for us. A pickle can never be a cucumber again.
Old 07-21-2014, 07:39 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Way to go! I'm so glad you're doing better. Eventually you will be able to have a nice time without alcohol. Last night I went to a party where a lot of people were heavy drinkers. I was the only person not drinking, and it was okay. I hung out with a friend of mine who is hilarious and sweet, drunk or sober. When I see her we just laugh and laugh. Sometimes I think that I might not be or have as much fun if I don't drink. That's not the case at all. We laughed and carried on, talking about all kinds of things--from dumb horror movies to our crazy dogs. I had a great time.

It is possible to enjoy life without alcohol. It just takes some getting used to.

xoxoxo
Old 07-21-2014, 07:42 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  
KAD
Left the bottle behind 4/16/2015

I'm watching the end of the 2000 movies that I have seen the start of 4 times. Always too wasted to see the end.
I can certainly relate to that. I get pissed off at myself when I wait forever to get my hands on a movie I want to see and can't stay awake to even watch it. Last night, I watched a show on Netflix I could swear I've never seen. Looks like I got halfway through it at some point (most likely when I was drunk) but never finished it. I don't recall seeing any of it!

So H goes out of town. He calls each night. He is with family that drinks. He has been drinking when he calls. I realize this is not something we can experience together anymore. Makes me a bit sad. Having a great time without me.
Are you sure he's having a great time? Maybe he is, maybe he isn't. I only know that my ex-SO only drank moderately but I could observe changes in her behavior after only one glass (she usually only had 2, max). She got that flushed look to her face and became louder and more obnoxious. I don't know if she considered that a good time but I sure didn't like being around her when she got that way.
Old 07-21-2014, 07:44 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Was so happy to come on here and read this! Congratulations! Glad to see you back to feeling great. Your kitty is so darn cute.
Hope this good feeling continues for you Raider and you are enjoying life sober. Hugs.
Old 07-21-2014, 07:45 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Hey Raider,

Good job getting back on track. Focus on the now and on what you want to change/improve in the future and let go of the past and of the nostalgia. It's over, you have a new chapter now. Envy is a negative and potentially dangerous emotion, like shame, don't stay in it.

You also know now that some places and situations can be triggering and might lead you back to the past. Explore new activities in your new sober life!

I like to watch movies in the theater, it gets me out of the house