Notices

get sober video game

Old 07-20-2014, 08:22 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

get sober video game

I've just joined and already appreciate the welcome and support. So I thought I would share a funny idea I've had: I wish there were a video game that was just mugs of beer or glasses of wine that were offered to you, sorta floating down the screen space invaders style, and instead of shooting or blowing them up, you just said, "no thank you." Then they just through to the bottom of the screen or tip and empty out. This is somewhat of a joke, but also points to my desire to practice getting sober, to practice saying no, but even faster than real life offers. Like I want to go into a bar and have a line of bartenders rapidly offer me a drink and I just say "No!" "NO!" all in a row. Its like I want more opportunities to flex this muscle in a weird way, or to have getting and staying sober be over and done with, rather than a process.
Old 07-20-2014, 09:15 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

i just read you post and my firs thought was that game sounds boring to me lol but then i am an alcoholic so anything that means no booze was boring to me lol

funny how my first thought even 10 years down the line can think the same way.
just like dont pick up that first drink i have to practise not to listen to my first thought
Old 07-20-2014, 09:20 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I think you're idea is kinda cool lol. My gosh..there's gotta be a sober "gamer" somewhere who could have a whole lotta fun coming up with "Sober City" and all its pitfalls and triumphs.
Old 07-20-2014, 10:16 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

by the way not that i dont think the idea isnt a good one it was just my first thought that stuck me as odd : )
Old 07-20-2014, 10:17 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I hear playstation is on the phone already!!
Old 07-20-2014, 10:37 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I had two dreams last night where I was saying no to a drink! Maybe it's sinking into my subconcious mind!
!
Old 07-20-2014, 10:40 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hah, thats great. Why not get better at saying no while you are asleep! Sounds like a good dream to me.