Notices

back once again

Old 07-20-2014, 01:32 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

back once again

Hi , im back,as you can see from my join date, ive known for quite some time that i have a problem with alcohol. Ive tried numerous times to quit. ive had stints of 8 months , a few months ,40 days , 30 days ,few weeks of no drinking in that time span. Im sure everybody has heard this before, but something feels different this time .Iam currently 14 days clean. iam embracing the boredom this time,and im enjoying it . last two days ,ive jumped in my van at midnight and went for a drive ,because i can ,went to 7-11 bought a slurpee and some cardboard pizza tonite ,sat there then drove around .yesterday it was Mcdonalds and a ice cream ,then drove around ..i dont know why ?, seems theraoeutic . maybe because i could never do that while hammered?

something this time is different , i dont care any more about the alcohol ,im willing to let it go for once and for all .this is my second weekend off alcohol and i can feel im going to finally stick it out this time .

iam extremely tired all the time still ,before it didnt last this long .i want to get some energy back so i can start rebuilding my life ,getting ahead on some bills and rebuilding some strained relationships ..but this exhaustion is keeping me derailed at the moment ..
Old 07-20-2014, 01:50 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back Junk - I hope you can work out what you need to do to make this the last time, mate

Congrats on 2 weeks

D
Old 07-20-2014, 02:10 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Nothing great in life was ever easy. The long battle will be hard but it is so worth it. Why don't you try writing some promises to yourself and some advice about how you feel now and why you have quit that you can keep with you and refer back to for motivation :-)
Old 07-20-2014, 06:14 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Welcome back Junk. What were yin doing to stay sober during those long stretches? Perhaps you can build on that this time around?
Old 07-20-2014, 06:23 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

thx for welcoming me back .I found when i had some long stretches . i forced myself to have a very structured life ,i lived like i was in a recovery house , i wrote daily in a journal ,meditated ,wrote daily goals ,kept my house clean, when i strayed from that i was in trouble .
Old 07-20-2014, 07:53 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Welcome back, junk!!!!
Old 07-20-2014, 07:57 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Welcome back! Best wishes.
Old 07-20-2014, 08:42 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hi, I am on day one and think its great that you have two weeks. I like the description of your spontaneous trips because NOW YOU CAN- slurpies and McDonald's at midnite, why not? I have such a bad hangover today I can't even get myself to the grocery store. Good luck and also I hear you about the exhaustion. The times I've stopped for stretches in the past, that was the hardest part. Hang in there!
Old 07-20-2014, 08:57 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Welcome Junk Congrats on the 14 days!!!!!
Old 07-20-2014, 10:13 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Welcome back Junk!! You can do this!!
Old 07-20-2014, 11:23 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Glad to see you again Junk. Never stop trying for a better life. I got free after drinking 30 yrs., I know you can too.
Old 07-20-2014, 12:04 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

thx to everyone , I was still reading here almost every day ,i was just really embarassed to post..kind of disgusted with myself for failing so often,i felt i shouldnt be part of this site,i didnt deserve it .
Old 07-20-2014, 12:20 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Hi Junk,
Congrats on two weeks! You can do it, and it sounds like you have been finding out what works, and what does not.
never feel you do not belong here. here is where people, no matter how many ups and downs they have had, can get support and understanding. and get better.

wishing you continued success. a day at a time, you can do this!!!