Notices

Changed username

Old 07-19-2014, 11:52 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Good going, Lucie! Save your life first, then worry about what comes after.
Old 07-20-2014, 06:23 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Lucie, congrats on making some serious life changes in order to put your sobriety first. I will just add one word of advice and that is our disease of addiction doesn't care where we live or where we work. In other words, we drink as a coping skill and when life starts to happen in Florida, and it will, what coping skill are you going to use instead of the ole drinking one? People change jobs, friends, locations all in order to try and get sober. I've done ALL of those myself so I'm speaking from experience. Wherever we go we carry our disease with us.

If it were me and my parents were willing to let me live with them in order to get the help I needed I would get my butt to an AA meeting ASAP! I would treat it like it was my job and my life depended on it, it might very well do. If you can and feel you need to, go to inpatient treatment or outpatient treatment, but focus on recovery. I had a friend tell me that EVERYTHING I put in front of my recovery I'll eventually lose! Go and save your life, you're worth it! Jobs, friends,ect can wait...focus on you and getting well right now and you'll end up with a life you never could have dreamed of!
Old 07-20-2014, 08:10 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Good for you Lucy! Sounds nice to have a fresh start. I'm in NYC. I love it, but it's my hometown. I agree though, with the drinking/party culture here it's rough when you can't control yourself.
Old 07-20-2014, 10:05 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Ultradad- thank you for your advice and concern. I %100 agree that this disease does not care where I am, it will always be with me. I went to a new age Christian church this morning, and I loved it. I felt like the sermon was about me. I will be going every Sunday. I am going to a women's beginners aa meeting tomorrow. I hope I like this one and can stick to it, otherwise ill find another one. I know this is my last chance, and I have to put my recovery first.
Thank you all, I will keep you posted how it goes! Day 7
Old 07-20-2014, 12:00 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Lucie29 View Post
Yes, I definitely got chewed and spat! Ahh, so embarrassing. That city is crazy though. It takes a strong individual to make it there. I give you major credit courage!
I'd also find NYC to be a tough city to get sober in, so I can understand the change. Here's to new beginnings.
Old 07-20-2014, 12:13 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

That makes me smile Lucie! You're going to do GREAT!
Old 07-20-2014, 12:23 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Clean slate, i like it. It feels like its "gonna click". Good job.