Notices

Get up, get on, and get going

Old 07-18-2014, 07:48 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Get up, get on, and get going

So tonight I post a positive message, this disease doesn't have to kill you, you don't have to succumb, you don't have to be sad, THERE IS HOPE!

" Hope is a good thing, and like all good things it doesn't die" Stephan King, Shawshank Redemption. Dui's, getting sick, prison, jail, lost time at work, sadness, depression, anxiety ( I have huge issues with this).

Nope no more, sounds simple right? All the words in the world make it sound simple, lol, I wish and I am sure you do to. Wanting to drink, not wanting to drink, sober, not sober, I love it all? How can one love it all? How can't one love it all? We're human is the answers, beings of flesh and we all have faults. I myself have binged myself to the hospital and restraints, gambled to the point of abject debt forever!

My faults aren't me, don't define me, my habit don't define me, the only way to determine who I am is the cumulative total of my complete being? Ask me how do you do that, its easy, do you love yourself ( if not why, what can you change), do you want and need help, do you desire to do better, if so not mater your position your a rock star and I applaud thee.

All you need is a wanting, a feeling, a shred of hope, if you even have one of these things, your trying everyday then I admire you! Don't care about your faults, don't care about what you think of you, don't care... Simple put, if you have shred of hope you are already winning.

So for tonight, stay safe and sober, never forget you matter, we matter and there is a solution. Good night
Old 07-18-2014, 07:51 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
instant

Thankfully Redemption is always possible.

Goodnight
Old 07-19-2014, 07:23 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Nice post!!