Notices

Lies

Old 07-17-2014, 08:00 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Lies

I would always lie about my drinking. Saying i didnt have any or didnt have as many. Now i find myself not lying about not drinking just not telling people i quit. It has been easier for me to have a virgin drink and just chill rather than tell people the truth. Gai jin people just dont understand.
Old 07-17-2014, 09:01 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I lied about everything. From my drinking down to my name. You name it, I lied about it. Sometimes I pretended I was an entirely different person. It was an awful feeling to wake up to. I too found that not drinking was a great way to immediately stop my compulsive lying. It is such a great feeling not having to wake up and scramble to come up with a story.
Old 07-17-2014, 09:24 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
~Music is my mantra ----{-@

I would be hard pressed to find an addict that doesn't lie. Lying and hiding, lying and hiding, lying and hiding....It's so exhausting! Not having to lie anymore is a huge weight off of my shoulders. And I wouldn't feel bad if you don't tell everyone the complete truth about your issue. It's your business, tell who you want, or don't tell who you want. You have the right to make that choice for yourself.
Old 07-18-2014, 04:14 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I wouldn't worry about not telling people you're not drinking, it's less stressful that way, whatever gets you through Sober!!