Notices

tired day 5

Old 07-15-2014, 05:44 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

tired day 5

Got off work an i am exhausted already.. i keep fighting going to bed but that's all i can think about. Is this is withdrawal symptoms
Old 07-15-2014, 05:48 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

It could be a combination of your work day and withdrawal. I don't know a whole lot about it but I have done some reading. Being tired isn't that uncommon for someone new to sobriety. I'm sure someone here can explain it better.

Also congrats on 5 days!! Keep it up!!
Old 07-15-2014, 06:44 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Working-cl*** pseudo tough

Asked the same question in the alcoholism forum.

I'm guessing that by cutting all that beer sugar out of my diet suddenly, my pancreas is now easily chewing up the sugar I send it making me hypoglycemic. I also do not have the adrenal shots I'd get when liquoring it up.

Maybe should go check that thread. I'm on day 7 and feel the tiredest I've ever felt in my life.
Old 07-15-2014, 09:42 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

tonib: I am on day 9 and have been absolutely exhausted every day. I took last Friday (my day 5) off work because I was so tired. My energy level is slowly increasing and I am thankful for that. Rest, relax and take care of yourself.
Old 07-16-2014, 01:43 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Me too tonib
Been so tired it's bordering on the ridiculous. I'm putting it down to my body and mind catching up on real sleep and not fake drunken pass out sleep.
Thing is, when I drank I got all 'busy' I spent the night on the go, pottering about but achieving nowt. I never got tired. Never yawned. Didn't want to go to bed, just wanted to keep on drinking. Now life is calmer, slower and more mellow and normal. I'm just not used to tiredness but I sure am enjoying the quality sleep. Oh and not waking up like a startled rabbit lol
Old 07-16-2014, 02:00 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I am on day 3 but I use lavender sprays all day to calm me , for me I think it's mind over matter this time I really want it all the outher times I would say to myself just get to Friday and you can have a drink , no am looking forward to getting past Friday with out a drink
Good luck to you all
You are stronger than any bottle or glass x
Old 07-16-2014, 05:56 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

First few weeks, I got up, went to work, came home and crashed, I hadn't the energy levels for very much else, I was bed in the early evening too most nights.

The body needs to repair and adjust, it won't happen overnight, but let the body get what it needs, food, liquids, sleep!!

It'll all ease with time!! Hang in there!!
Old 07-16-2014, 06:14 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Completely normal. Your body is adjusting, plus it needs to heal. I say sleep.