Notices

Mood swings!!!

Old 07-14-2014, 02:51 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Angry Mood swings!!!

on Day 3

went to the dentist - came home to 3 kids lounging about, past 12 and in pajamas

I looked around and mentally thought of what I had to get done - then I just thought no - why don't they ever clean!!!

and I yelled at them to clean - to get off their butts - and I feel awful - I really yelled at them!

a trip to the dentist (or really anything) was always rewarded with a ton of booze...I would drink before I cleaned - I would drink while I was cleaning

I would also drink before going to the dentist - to calm nerves right? = another excuse

without the booze - wow - it's hard!

already my skin is looking better - my clothes are loosening up...I just can't quit now

but do the mood swings pass? cause I was hell on wheels -

now I have to deal with the aftermath of being a drunk for the last 4-plus years - all the stuff I didn't do, put off, I have bags of papers shoved in the closet

my 2 older kids are going to overnight camp on Wednesday - lucky them! I feel if I can stay sober, they will come home to new-and-impoved mom

but I was such a bitch today!!!

I had planned on attending my first AA meeting at 8pm last night but then my husband couldn't pick up my 2 older kids from their dad's place at 8pm so I had to do it

I will find another one once my kids are off to camp

anyhow - thanks for listening!!!
Old 07-14-2014, 02:55 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

IT will level out eventually.
Old 07-14-2014, 02:59 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Your body and mind need to adjust to not having alcohol, 4 years though won't be fixed over night, it will take time, hang in there!!
Old 07-14-2014, 03:07 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

The mood swings will level out.

Maybe don't worry about cleaning for a while - time takes time.

Treat yourself with the utmost care and love right now. Eat all your favorite foods, have some chocolate (chocolate ice cream, even better.) Take naps often. Drink herbal tea or herbal iced tea. Watch chick flix. . . "Under the Tuscan Sky" is on Netflix streaming right now. I watched "Dirty Dancing" last night.

But, take care of you. The papers in the closet will probably keep for a couple weeks until your emotions level out.
Old 07-14-2014, 08:10 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by soberjuly View Post
on Day 3

went to the dentist - came home to 3 kids lounging about, past 12 and in pajamas

I looked around and mentally thought of what I had to get done - then I just thought no - why don't they ever clean!!!

and I yelled at them to clean - to get off their butts - and I feel awful - I really yelled at them!

a trip to the dentist (or really anything) was always rewarded with a ton of booze...I would drink before I cleaned - I would drink while I was cleaning

I would also drink before going to the dentist - to calm nerves right? = another excuse

without the booze - wow - it's hard!

already my skin is looking better - my clothes are loosening up...I just can't quit now

but do the mood swings pass? cause I was hell on wheels -

now I have to deal with the aftermath of being a drunk for the last 4-plus years - all the stuff I didn't do, put off, I have bags of papers shoved in the closet

my 2 older kids are going to overnight camp on Wednesday - lucky them! I feel if I can stay sober, they will come home to new-and-impoved mom

but I was such a bitch today!!!

I had planned on attending my first AA meeting at 8pm last night but then my husband couldn't pick up my 2 older kids from their dad's place at 8pm so I had to do it

I will find another one once my kids are off to camp

anyhow - thanks for listening!!!

Replace all of the you had a drink with I had half a pill and we could be telling the same story. Oh, my, my kids just heard the sound of my voice tonight and started jumping. I am queen witch. I think I picked up after my youngest for way too long and just numbed up and kept picking up. Told her on way home tonight she was going to start picking up, yada, yada. She went to bicker back. I just said, You really don't want to try me right now. I am pure meanness right this second and you will end up in tears. She did pick her dirty clothes up out of the bathroom tonight at least. But MOODY, and I took a step back into my 1/2 and have to start at day 1 again and seem even witchier than I was.
Old 07-14-2014, 09:40 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

It definitely passes. Weeks 2 & 3 were the bad ones for me when I first got sober. My husband definitely felt my wrath. But then it went away and I felt like a wonderful, normal person