Notices

I didn't make it through the weekend

Old 07-14-2014, 09:20 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I didn't make it through the weekend

I am all over the place with my alcohol consumption and feelings. This weekend was a lot of fun with my two girls and a friend and her daughter, we went away for the weekend and had a blast. But alcohol was part of that fun. My friend brought the alcohol, I knew better than to bring anything but of course she didn't know that. I didn't get out of hand or do anything stupid, but I did consume enough to be feeling not so great each of the two mornings. So now I am back to feeling like maybe I can control this moderately (inner voice says NO WAY, CAN'T DO IT).
I guess I will start sober today and plan to get through this week sober and take each day from there....I'll be here a lot during the evenings!
Old 07-14-2014, 09:23 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Glad you caught it before it got out of control marie. Alcohol has a sneaky way of making us think we can somehow control it but eventually almost all of us end up back to our old ways in a very short period of time. By all means spend as much time here as you need - do you have any local support at all ( meetings, counseling )?
Old 07-14-2014, 09:24 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

The mind tricks us all the time doesn't it ? Which is why it's so hard. Try to recognize these tricks and work through them. Good luck this week. I'll be right there with you!
Old 07-14-2014, 09:27 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

You can do this marie, go at it again, you'll get there!!
Old 07-14-2014, 09:39 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I hope the support here can help you get sober for good.
Old 07-14-2014, 09:41 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Good luck Marie!!!
Old 07-14-2014, 10:37 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thank you, each one of you. I don 't have support here locally, but that is my own doing as I have yet to come clean to anyone. Pretty much SR is my support right now, and I am good with that. I know I can get through this week sober, especially if I come here during the evenings (when I am not working). It is just hard to see beyond that right now. I don't know.
Old 07-14-2014, 10:42 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Realising my life

One week sober would be a very good start, Marie. Please post as much as you need to

Good for you for not being seduced by the moderation monster and for coming straight on here to tell us all about it! You can do this
Old 07-14-2014, 10:43 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Why not try for 100 days and see how you feel at the end? It's short enough that you can see the goal and long enough to really try out your sober wings? It worked for me and I'm at 9 months in less than a week!