Notices

Day 3 realizations

Old 07-14-2014, 08:38 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 3 realizations

I woke up to Day 3 to some realizations.

I didn't grow up with any alcohol in the home. My mother didn't want it in the house and never drank. I never drank in high school. No drugs either. Nothing.
I didn't drink in college. I first tried alcohol on a trip to London but drank cider, which is very weak. Didn't drink in my 20s. Never drank at parties. Had my first child, didn't drink.

It was after my 2nd child was born, living in a new city with no friends or family that alcohol became my friend. I had a baby and a toddler and I was isolated and stressed out.

I drank for 2 years heavy and then quit. My husband took a job in Europe and we moved there and I just quit. I drank occasionally when my marriage went downhill but it wasn't much and it wasn't often, I would buy a bottle of wine on a Friday night and that was it...for the week!

I got divorced and met someone new. We got married and had a child and that is when I started again. 3 kids, new city, no friends or family.

Now it's been 4.5 years of drinking.

Yesterday my only triggers were getting stressed from my youngest and feeling a bit bored.

I worked after my first child and I worked between the 2nd and 3rd child. I also didn't drink when I was working. The only time I drank when I was working was after 9/11. I was a flight attendant and flying on 9/11 until they shut the airports down and I was got stuck for 6 days in Florida. They also found pocket knives under some seats on the 757 I was meant to fly on that morning. After 6 days grounded, I flew again and couldn't get released because everyone was refusing to fly. I drank in hotel rooms and sorry guys, I had a mini while I was forced to fly once that week. But that's it.

On to Day 3.
Old 07-14-2014, 08:58 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Great job on Day 3!! Keep it going!!