Notices

Anxious

Old 07-13-2014, 07:19 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lawgirl82 View Post
HealthyK are you on day 1?
Hi Lawgirl,I am on day 1. And I'm unfortunately having the same problem with anxiety tonight. But I've been through it a lot. The anxiety sucks.
Old 07-13-2014, 07:20 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Have you tried to get sober before HealthyK?
Old 07-13-2014, 07:29 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Not officially. I gave up drinking for a little while before but mainly for weight loss purposes. Today is the day that I'm doing it because I have a problem with alcohol. But I've had a number of hangover induced anxiety attacks. Several that I went to the hospital for actually. Just for them to tell me I would be okay really.
Old 07-13-2014, 07:35 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Have you had any health problems?
Old 07-13-2014, 07:41 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

No not really. I have trouble sleeping the night after drinking but I have sleep apnea also, so usually has something to do with it. I'm usually fine, just bad anxiety which is pretty normal I'm told.
Old 07-13-2014, 07:42 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

yeah especially in early recovery so i've been told
Old 07-13-2014, 07:49 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Well it might be compounded with all the other stuff that happened along with the night of drinking. I've had to do a ton of apologies before after a night of drinking just for acting stupid and making really bad decisions. I had a friend who didn't talk to me for months after one particularly bad evening. We eventually worked it out but this stuff does happen. If you can swing it, you may want to look into speaking with a therapist. I used to think therapy didn't work and refused to go, but it has been a wonderful experience not only for my anxiety but she helps me work through the issues with drinking and has been suggesting the AA meetings for a while now. Just an idea. I understand how it is though. It sucks really badly.
Old 07-14-2014, 01:44 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

During my last relapse (the mother of all relapses for me) I was stiff as a board for a day and a half. I could literally feel how tight my muscles were seized up, and I was so sad and depressed, and couldn't keep food down for a day and a half.

I very slowly drank hot broth and had extremely tiny bites of bread. And by slowly I mean sips maybe every 5 minutes, the same with teeny tiny bites. Both of those things helped me to feel physically stronger, and my appetite was back to normalish by end of day 4.

I also tried to sleep whenever my body would let me, which was a very odd schedule.

I also did as much meditation as my mind could handle, and drink lots of chamomile tea once my body could keep food and liquid down.

I felt a lot better within a weeks time, but I was still nowhere back to even being somewhat healthy. I had to be very gentle with myself (heck! I'm on day 42 and I still have to!) and drink lots of herbal tea and have warm baths to relax, both help to relax my mind and my body.

You'll get there!!! Unfortunately, you will just have to wait it out, I think. I was on SR a lot, mostly reading, not really posting. But it was SO helpful. Then I started to go to meetings, and that has really helped me. Just be open to your recovery; do whatever you need to do to help yourself along. Just remember that you can do this and that you are totally worth it!
Old 07-14-2014, 03:36 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

It's gonna take a few days. Try some Benedryl - it will make you a bit groggy.
Old 07-14-2014, 03:38 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Been there, done that!

Coke is the worst thing to drink..... Camomile tea and guided meditation in a dark room will do the trick... Hope you feel better.