Notices

Dream that dream do it, I am going too, I deserve it

Old 07-13-2014, 12:34 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Dream that dream do it, I am going too, I deserve it

What is wrong with being idealistic, whats wrong with having dreams? At times I feel trapped and think to myself I have no way out. That is my A/V he/ she it lies. You know, I need to get on it, I need to make things happen.

I spent years drinking and messing things up. Now I have a new life time to fix things up. However, I am not sure they are even broken. The life I've led has given me many gifts. I am blessed with the opportunity to help folks often, once the stuff hits the fan, I am always the guy people call. Desperate and dejected ( life I have been for a long time), they call because I've been there and done that! Even at 2 in the morning, if someone needs to talk I will. I have gratitude over the fact, through my mistakes, people feel like they can all always tells me everything.

I am me for a reason, I can't always define that reason, I struggle to keep my sanity, but here I am. I am not who I wanted to be, expected to be, but I am glad I can be of service to others. I thank the powers that be ( I am an atheist) the universe whatever to this day I can add value to peoples lives.

The bottom, there is no bottom, the bottom is only as deep as the hole we dig. However, if you're reading this post, you still have hope, I have hope!

I am going to take a flyer tomorrow, get off my butt and start running and swimming again. I have the most lofty of dreams, I am dreaming big, because I deserve to dream big. I am sober, on and off, but if I reach for the sky, I know I can catch some clouds.

My life was dark empty, hopeless, I had no hope. I drank 2 liters of vodka a day for years, daily! 6 months ago I said I would change, it hasn't been easy, I 've relapsed lots, but I am trying and I can see my dreams.

You know, no matter people matter, I matter we all add value to the collective. I am taking that thought, I am going to run with it swim with it, dance with it, get out with it, and turn off the darkness. I am going to rejoin life, and to hell with the rest.

I can't change the past, I can't make yesterday better, I can't take all the horrible things in my life I've done back, I can't ( insert what ever you think here), but I can and will change today, this moment, this second. I won't be slave to my addictions, I might slip and fall, but I am learning and growing as a person.

My lofty dreams, go back to school and get my PHD, make amends with those I've failed, get back into shape, exercise daily, meditate and so forth.

I am going to live for today, this glorious day, a gift, a chance, a moment to do better, another day. Just one day, but a day to do better.

Not sure I will stay sober, but damn it, I deserve better, I am working towards better, I am growing living, loving, learning and only live this one day.

Stay safe and sober friends. I know you can do, live your dream, no dream is too lofty, the bottom is as I said before only as deep as we dig it, but I am throwing whatever I can in that hole, I will succeed in all my lofty dreams and be better for it, or die trying. Please friends have hope for me, I have hope for you, and lets beat this habit and move on and upward. TDG OUT
Old 07-13-2014, 12:38 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Fantastic post!! . . . we should all dare to dream!!
Old 07-13-2014, 12:39 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hmmmmmmmmm. Are you sober now?
Old 07-13-2014, 12:41 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Sober and living it Raider! Not the greatest writer though, I should proof read lol
Old 07-13-2014, 01:12 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Keep focusing on your recovery and your goals and you'll get there.
Old 07-13-2014, 02:44 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Self recovered Self discovered

I love your enthusiasm and determination, TDG. The overwhelming belief that you deserve this new life, leaving the old one behind is totally empowering. That is exactly how I saw it too. The stuff in the past is gone, it's time to start doing the right thing in this present moment, it's time for a fresh start.

Believe you can succeed, believe you shall succeed, and you will. This is completely and totally within your reach - reach out, grab hold, and never ever let it go. It is all right there, waiting for you. Onward!
Old 07-13-2014, 02:52 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Turn your dreams to plans....put your plans into action...Great work TDG.