Notices

Feeling low

Old 07-12-2014, 05:32 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Feeling low

I'm in bed at my friends parents house, feeling like a giant loser. I said to her mom "thanks so much for everything" and she said "it's no bother, you were always such a sweet girl and we are very fond of you".
We went to the cinema again tonight to see Begin Again with Keira Knightley. I enjoyed it and tomorrow we are going to a football game.

My dad will be home on Monday and I still feel really bad about that. I don't know what I will say.

My friend told me tonight to cut out the annoying, self pitying sighs. She did bring tears to my eyes when she said she wasn't aware of how bad my alcoholism was, but she used to be concerned about me when she would call over to my house and I wouldn't answer the door.

And, yes I am aware that there are people out there with way worse problems. Mine will be sorted out with time and hard work xx
Old 07-12-2014, 05:40 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I agree with your friend!!

Very glad to hear you have people around you, Irish hospitality at it's best!!

Don't worry about the things you can't control, Monday will look after itself with your dad, you'll talk and that will be that, as you say through hard work and time you'll get through this Tetra!!

SR is in your corner!!
Old 07-12-2014, 05:47 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Old 07-13-2014, 01:59 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Tetra, I'm not proud to say I could write volumes on past relapses.
I've had shame, embarassment, depression, guilt, anxiety and a thousand
other negative feelings of darkness that the evil one wanted me to have.
Get back on your feet, stand tall and fight back. Don't ever give in.
Old 07-13-2014, 02:34 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Crazy Cat Lady

It's okay to feel remorse and regret in the face of a relapse. It's normal and natural. What is import and now is to begin laying the foundation to bring about a great change in how you think and live. What you can do now is not pity yourself. A relapse is nothing to be proud of for sure, but what can be done about it? Nothing. So accept it and see what you can do with what you've been given.

A defeated person will see nothing but mistakes and regrets and hopelessness. An opportunistic person will see, well, opportunities! Just think about it...you can write down in your little sobriety notebook in your head what doesn't work for you. There is always something to learn in a relapse. If you don't think you can learn something from it, talk to another sober alcoholic and see what they have to say. Learn, turn around, take a deep breath and put your foot out again. All journeys begin with a single step. Every person with 10, 20, 30, 40 even 50 years of sobriety had a Day 1 and many of them had several Day 1s. I've got a lot of white chips. There's no shame in that.

I've had a few relapses. They've all taught me a lot and I have stood up stronger each time. I don't have a lot experience knowing what the next right thing to do is in my life. I do, however, know a lot about what the next wrong thing to do is and I know now how to avoid doing that. My relapses are hard learned lessons I'll never forget and I am grateful for them and that I've been able to recover and move on.

Stand up, become stronger, move on, be grateful. That's what's worked for me.
Old 07-13-2014, 07:03 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I am sure everything will work out great

The unknown is almost always worse than how it works out