Notices

D.a.b.d.a

Old 07-12-2014, 12:47 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy D.a.b.d.a

So i made it through the 48 hours and ****** up again even though my withdrawals were so easy compared to going to er last time and now im beyond miserable it was going like a breeze. I cant seem to make it past the 2 days and then i worry that after fiv e days ill have dts ugh. I have no friends, absolutely none and no boyfriend so when im sober it seems so hard with nothing to do and absolutely solitude from the world. So ill be back at 24 hrs tommorow at 12 and hope to get through 96 hours this time and hope it will be easy withdrawals like it was, if its not i have the meds im considering taking one on day two so that way i know i cannot drink at all. my fears of hhaving a bad withdrawal like last time have subsided and now my anxious brain is worried about delerium tremons since that happens after youve been sober for 96 hour. im considering seeing a hypnotherapist to help with the ptsd i deal with when im sober as to why i drank in the first place. So back to day one tommorow i have to get sober for good since summer is ending and im back at college soon and cant be doing this then. how many times do i have to start on day one again its so depressing, just needed to vent since im feeling so alone with no one to talk to... i dont even know why i have a phone at this point since i have literally no one i talk to and dont have any friends ugh. im sad but hopeful this time ill make it through 48 and continue.
Old 07-12-2014, 12:56 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

made it more than me matey

hopeful for tomorrow

DO NOT BEAT YOURSELF UP YOU ARE HUMAN AND AN ADDICT

SOD IT JUST GO with the flow and move on

M
Old 07-12-2014, 12:56 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

You can get through this. If you have health concerns about the detox, talk to your dr, but have faith that you can get past two days and five days and far beyond.

It's understandable that you are feeling isolated as you begin recovery. I had pushed everyone out of my life too, many of us do. But, as you recover, you can begin to go out and do things that will bring you social contact. Volunteer work saved me in the early weeks of recovery giving me a purpose and enabling me to meet some great people.
Old 07-12-2014, 12:57 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi Rocky & welcome.. I know what you're going through & have come to the right place.. Loads of support & friendly people here... Read the threads & post, post....POST!!! It will make a big difference.. Wishing you well..
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hey Rocky, don't beat yourself up, go at things again!!

You have to stop worrying about these withdrawals that haven't happened yet, some event in the future that may never happen, simply quit drinking, take it a day at a time and then if something does crop up then deal with it, but drinking in fear of something that hasn't or may not happen isn't the best way forward, at some point we have to get off the merry-go-round of our drinking!!

SR is always here for you, there's always someone about 24/7, the chat room too is great for passing time!!

You can do this Rocky!!
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi Rocky, if you have PTSD I hope you do find some professional support to get you through early sobriety. Alcohol is just going to intensify things, as you know. So sorry you are having some scary withdrawals. Please do let someone know you are going through this, in case they need to check on you. Perhaps let a family member know.
Old 07-12-2014, 01:00 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hey Rocky. Hang in there Sweety. Just hang in there.
Old 07-12-2014, 01:45 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Purpleknight thank you for saying that you are so right i have high anxiety and ptsd and i constantly try telling myself not to worry about things that havent happened yet and its so much better when someone else says it because it takes me to that place where im like yeah your right im going to be fine and i can sit here worrying all the time or i can just do it so thank you for that post so much. And thank you raider for always replying to my posts with love and support Im still hanging just feel so incredibly alone and isolated besides talking on here there is no one... thank god for this site and all the people on here who walk the same walk and know what its like.