Notices

Hardest thing Ive had to do

Old 07-12-2014, 02:01 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Mirage - Bimini's comments are some of the best advice I have heard for someone in the early phases. I didn't know you were at 25 days. You just need to protect yourself and survive without a drink. Eat ice cream, take walks, try journaling or writing. I was fortunate to meet a great friend on SR and we chatted daily for hours going through tis early hell together.

Someone said don't make any life changing decisions in the first year. I thought they were nuts. As I come up on my first year, that was some of the best advice. I would have gotten divorced 5x over had I not listened to that advice. Your body is changing, be gentle - I pray those around you might be gentle to you too.
Old 07-13-2014, 07:45 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

25 days is GREAT! it's hard, keep going. so glad you logged, I have 20 and I almost drank tonight, over unresolved "issues" that will never be resolved and I was miraculously saved by Snickers Bites and mug rootbeer, if you down that, the emotions are still there but that other feeling that I wanted to guzzle my problems away really fast with booze went away.
Old 07-13-2014, 11:07 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

You didn't become an alcoholic overnight, it took time. I feel I need to basically view this as a new start. I am almost to Day 3 tomorrow, I would be overjoyed to be at Day 25.
Old 07-14-2014, 04:57 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mirage74 View Post
It's a little complicated. For one, I've always had a hard time opening up. Also, I have a family member in the rooms, and it just makes me uncomfortable,

Remember that the tools of the program work IF we use them. One that was very important to me was having a sponsor and using him for AA situations involving sobriety. At times I found that difficult as self honesty gets foggy at times and I can easily revert to my old thinking process.

BE WELL