Notices

Financial implications of drinking

Old 07-12-2014, 08:51 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Financial implications of drinking

Hi,
Been a member on here for a while where I've posted about my 'success' of going a week or so without drink. I live in the UK, have a decent job that pays my rent, outgoings, and leaves enough for me to live comfortably. I'm currently in a relapse situation (again!!) and today pawned my playstation because I've spent my entire wage with two weeks til payday. Been doing ok recently, probably the best in ten years of days without drinking. I'm 36 and came out the pawn shop thinking "what am i doing". This is destroying me, every time I get in a good place, I ruin it. I'm thinking when I've got my cash, 'right get enough food til payday then see whats left'. Thought I'd hit rock bottom before, but no, I have now.
Old 07-12-2014, 08:59 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

You know what to do, o.
Old 07-12-2014, 09:05 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Alcoholism will take everything from you, including your life, unless you stop it. It's a relentless disease. You can stop now before things become worse. We're here to offer support.
Old 07-12-2014, 09:12 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

fight to bring yourself back owington, you can do this.
Old 07-12-2014, 09:13 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I had a good week and thought if I spend all my cash, then I can't buy any drink. Worked well, bought some nice things for my house, then I've gone and done this. It wasn't planned, I didn't think about it when I woke, just had a mad hour and before you now it here I am. Yeah, I know what I should be doing, but I'm not doing it. It won't be a celebration of any kind, I'll be sat here home, alone. I know how I'll feel tomorrow but it didn't stop me. I'll keep reading but won't be posting til i feel worthy cos I don't want to drag anyone else down with me.
Old 07-12-2014, 09:22 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

You can't drag me down, o. I'd have to willingly jump off and that ain't happening. Post all you want if it helps you.
Old 07-12-2014, 09:36 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by owington View Post
I had a good week and thought if I spend all my cash, then I can't buy any drink. Worked well, bought some nice things for my house, then I've gone and done this. It wasn't planned, I didn't think about it when I woke, just had a mad hour and before you now it here I am. Yeah, I know what I should be doing, but I'm not doing it. It won't be a celebration of any kind, I'll be sat here home, alone. I know how I'll feel tomorrow but it didn't stop me. I'll keep reading but won't be posting til i feel worthy cos I don't want to drag anyone else down with me.
Hi owington.. Post, post, post!!!!! It will make you feel so much better!! and yes you are worthy.. Happy to have you on board!!!
Old 07-12-2014, 09:58 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thanks Jezza, how's Guildford? Had many a good night down there in my army days. Probably not the best thing to say when we're on here to try and stay sober, but thanks mate.
Old 07-12-2014, 10:16 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

You can turn things around owington, alcohol was ruining my life also but there is always hope that things can change!!

You can do it too!!
Old 07-12-2014, 04:13 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

Maybe it's time to find more help than just SR Owington?

D