Notices

A thread of hope for the weekenders! July 11-13

Old 07-12-2014, 05:52 AM
  # 141 (permalink)  

ice cream, anyone say ice cream?

Morning weekenders! All this talk of ice cream. Yesterday I hit the gym at 7:00 AM. Running late this morning but gots to go. Not gaining weight, but lots of potential here.
I have come to recognize my new found appreciation for ice cream. Hopefully it's just a phase. Greens - Black Raspberry Blast! Very creamy and delicious with little dark chocolate hearts with raspberry cream filling throughout. A good bowl of that with a handful of sunflowers seeds and a half cup of raw almonds - so healthy! Then smothered in chocolate syrup. So not. I've been eating a bowl of ice cream every night for the past couple weeks - sometimes two. Time to hit the gym again. There is a spinning class at 0945.
Sober picnic this afternoon with some AA buds. Grass needs cutting AGAIN.
I went to pick my blueberries - but the birds beat me to it. I didn't put up net because last year a bird got caught in the netting and I had to cut it out to save it. My reward is no blueberries this year.
Old 07-12-2014, 06:02 AM
  # 142 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Hey brain, we need the calcium.
Old 07-12-2014, 06:18 AM
  # 143 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by trachemys View Post
Yes, that's right. Muscles need calcium. Plus, ice cream also has eggs in it, which saves us athletes from having to drink half a dozen raw eggs from a glass.
Old 07-12-2014, 06:20 AM
  # 144 (permalink)  
Sober date: 20th May 2023

It's 9.16 pm down here in Western Australia...so weird that you guys are waking up as I'm going to bed! Have a great day fellow bus folk ...see you in the morning.
Old 07-12-2014, 06:21 AM
  # 145 (permalink)  
pray for strength

Originally Posted by trachemys View Post
This is the exact logic I use when making my morning coffees with milk: Take some calcium away from the bones with the coffee and put it back in with the milk.

This past Thursday (darkish Weekender entry, sorry. Had a rough moment) I had one of my hardest moments in sober life and, guess what? I worked it! And sure enough, the moment has passed. The day is gorgeous and I am seeing it with clear eyes. No useless feelings of guilt, shame, or needing to dig in for some mythic super strength. The strength is within us all...now. SR helped reveal and support this regarding booting the bottle during my earliest sober days and it holds true.

Love breakfast talk. We had strawberries, blueberries, and tuna fish salad for the savory eater in the house.

Off to prep for the Farmer's market! Oysters!! Fresh oysters are my bacon

Marcher - thanks for all those great recipes. Already checked them out. If anyone has good big batch recipes that freeze well...would love to hear about them. Yes, I am early in sober-ness, but working on changing old patterns and perspectives as situations come along. This is working!

Nice job you all. Do not forget to stock up on that ice cream and report back with details.

*Goodnight Mish!

Old 07-12-2014, 06:28 AM
  # 146 (permalink)  

I shaved 4 minutes off my time from last year. Second place in my age group.

Must pick up new ice cream flavor to celebrate.
Old 07-12-2014, 06:28 AM
  # 147 (permalink)  
M&Mlover

Happy Sober Saturday. I am new to this thread and find it very inspiring.
Old 07-12-2014, 06:29 AM
  # 148 (permalink)  

Welcome, eemeyers!
Old 07-12-2014, 06:31 AM
  # 149 (permalink)  

I love raw oysters, too, LTV!
Old 07-12-2014, 06:34 AM
  # 150 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Welcome eem. This thread is like a can with "Planter's" on the label. Full of nuts.
Old 07-12-2014, 06:35 AM
  # 151 (permalink)  

Mish - sleep well. How's life in the future?

Charlee - Thanks. That's the view from my stone patio on my rooftop, so it takes literally zero effort to capture the beauty! It's so great though, I spent an hour up there last night just watching the clouds move slowly towards the volcano as the sunset added some ambiance. Who needs TV when you have a show like that?

It's a cloudy morning here in SW Guatemala with patches of blue sky. The last week has been pure sun, so I guess I don't mind an excuse to relax at home today. There's supposedly a river that runs through the neighborhood just west of here, think I'll go explore the area later.
Old 07-12-2014, 06:37 AM
  # 152 (permalink)  

How interesting that the clouds move toward the volcano! Loved the pic and description, BigS!
Old 07-12-2014, 06:38 AM
  # 153 (permalink)  
pray for strength

4 minutes!! Second place!! Way to go Applekat

May I suggest Ben & Jerry's "Everything But the...". No matter what, still great as a back-up in the freezer. I'm celebrating for you tonight as well.

Welcome to the Weekender thread eemeyers! Great community for us all here.

Gilmer, small and ultra briny oysters are my favorites

Ok, running now. Catch up with you all later.

Old 07-12-2014, 06:38 AM
  # 154 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone! Where else can I wake up to a smile and comforting words? Mish, it is weird that you are headed to bed when we are all stirring. We work in shifts around here

Mr. Ruby called me at 4:39 a.m. He lost his wallet on his work delivery route and needed the number to call to cancel his ATM card. So much for peaceful uninterrupted sleep. I guess in sobriety you really do have to learn to expect the unexpected, and to live with the crushing of expectations, pleasant or not, with grace and an ability to accept them without drinking. I wasn't happy but when I sat on the back porch in the dark to have a cigarette which is my next more urgent quit, I saw a beautiful full moon, nestled between clouds. I tried to capture it to share but my camera isn't the greatest. Someone on here has awesome cameras. Big S? You could see the craters and it looked close enough to touch.

I was going to think about weeding today but as I sit here the sky has opened and it's raining buckets. I lugged three sansevierias outside for a drenching. I love that they need so absolutely little to get by but that also leaves them neglected and dusty. About the only house plants that I have managed to keep over the years.

So, this thread became my beginners meeting which is my choice for remembering being new and I feel better this morning. You are right M. At some point I just have to say, nicely, "too bad, kid, mommy needs a meeting."
Old 07-12-2014, 06:39 AM
  # 155 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Welcome EEM!

Nice A.K.!

Does anyone differentiate between frozen yogurt and ice cream - or do you consider them the same?

Put me in the same camp. By the time I am done topping it off, there's virtually no difference.
Old 07-12-2014, 06:45 AM
  # 156 (permalink)  

Here is my wildly overgrown garden from where I am now sitting, enjoying the rain. There are tomatoes and cucumbers, squash and herbs somewhere in there.. And milkweed. I like the bushy blowsey look but I am sure I sacrifice vegetable production in the process. I see all sorts of things from monarch butterflies to hummingbirds, ground squirrels ( chipmunks) and possums. But not everyday. I am waiting for their appearance.

Old 07-12-2014, 06:46 AM
  # 157 (permalink)  
M&Mlover

Thanks everyone!! I think I will fit right in, I am a bit nutty and crazy too.
Old 07-12-2014, 06:51 AM
  # 158 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Nons, "froyo" is ob de debil!
Old 07-12-2014, 07:16 AM
  # 159 (permalink)  

I love froyo...I think equal to ice cream except it is a little healthier since it has probiotics and live cultures. I tell myself its good for me. It's such a shame that it has calories.
Old 07-12-2014, 07:28 AM
  # 160 (permalink)  

Location: "I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost ..."
Weas, what are you pickling? I need to get my canning pot out...