Notices

Help/advise please

Old 07-10-2014, 08:51 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Well I had no idea that kind of sneaking is so prevalent. And I am the A in this family. I see no choice in your thread. You either get some help or pack your junk and move on. That's what I see.
Old 07-10-2014, 10:40 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

It looks to me like you're playing with fire, AmericanIrish. If you could cut down to 'normal drinking' you probably already would have. It's hard to stop when you're a problem drinker...I know! I drank hard for 25 years, worse towards the end. The low point had to be when my dad was in the hospital, dying, and I went up there to be with him at the end. I was sober while at his bedside but all the while I was planning where I could buy (Blue Laws, etc). It was demoralizing.

Our families aren't stupid, and we're not as crafty as we think we are. I could tell that the harder I tried to "act sober" the more patently obvious it was that I was drunk. Pathetic really!

I think it would be wise to quit drinking, now, before it gets any worse. Be a husband to your wife and a father to your children. It will get worse if you don't nip it in the bud. The lying and sneaking around is as corrosive to your marriage as the actual drinking.