Notices

Wanted to ask...

Old 07-09-2014, 07:43 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Wanted to ask...

Second day down, now on to the third day, and was wondering.. I know you all are not medical doctors, but I thought maybe you would have a good opinion on what im bout to ask. Does the kidneys, liver and heart heel their selfs? After getting sober? I understand that if they do, it will take a long while, but again I was wondering. I also wanted to see what kind of withdrawal symptoms you all experience getting sober?
Old 07-09-2014, 08:01 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

all I know is that they stop getting worse when you stop drinking - I think.
Old 07-09-2014, 08:21 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Starting, I don't know the answer to the organ question. As for withdrawals, everyone is different I am really sweaty. Really sweaty. If you experience anything weird or scary during your withdrawals, call 9-1-1. People can go into seizure and die during withdrawals. Good luck.
Old 07-10-2014, 01:02 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

The body is a fantastic piece of kit, given a chance it can bounce back, but you have to let it do it's job and not continue to but it under strain with any more toxins being poured into it.

Whilst it adjusts to not having what it has had for a long period of time, withdrawals will vary depending on the person, anything of concern should be checked out by a Dr, just to be safe!!
Old 07-10-2014, 01:19 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by startinganew15 View Post
Second day down, now on to the third day, and was wondering.. I know you all are not medical doctors, but I thought maybe you would have a good opinion on what im bout to ask. Does the kidneys, liver and heart heel their selfs? After getting sober? I understand that if they do, it will take a long while, but again I was wondering. I also wanted to see what kind of withdrawal symptoms you all experience getting sober?
We're not doctors but yeah...in general terms you do start to heal the moment you quit poisoning yourself. It starts pretty quickly. A doctor can help you with your questions better than we can but if you're wondering if getting sober will improve your health the answer is YES!