Notices

day 1 again....

Old 07-09-2014, 04:30 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by petals View Post
thanks guys, part of my trouble is i like to do things on my own.... i feel the only person responsible for me and my mess is me so i should be able to sort myself out.
would i be able to ask on here for some suggestions on how to come up with my plan or is that not allowed? sorry i dont mean to offend or be nosey.
i have considered 12 steps, ultradad, but at the moment do not feel its for me.
i really need to keep on here at times of struggle you are right trachemys.
I hope you reconsider AA, it took me being ready and I didn't really 'feel' it was going to be for me either. I guess it boils down to what lengths are you willing to go to get sober, I am personally willing to go to any lengths. I think we have to be to ever find sobriety. Still pulling for you and know you can do this!
Old 07-09-2014, 11:56 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Thanks guys , well starting on day 2 again.... best get on with my day, and plan my evening.
Old 07-10-2014, 03:59 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Day 2 - better than Day 1. Thinking of you Petals.
Old 07-10-2014, 04:13 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Day 2. Good. My day doesn't always go exactly as planned, like anyone else's. So I have to re-work my sober day when that happens. Maybe I didn't have time to read, so I filled that time with exercise, etc. good luck.
Old 07-10-2014, 04:24 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hows it going petals?

D
Old 07-10-2014, 04:39 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Hope you are doing well and feeling alright.
Old 07-10-2014, 04:56 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Administrator

Petals, I hope you're doing well today.
Old 07-10-2014, 05:03 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by petals View Post
thanks guys, part of my trouble is i like to do things on my own.... i feel the only person responsible for me and my mess is me so i should be able to sort myself out.
I actually think that attitude is VERY prevalent in those of us who fall prey to alcohol addiction. I had that attitude most of my life. It was bred in my family of origin. And alcohol was my, me myself and I solution...for everything. It was convenient, easily applied and didn't require any other parties involved.

I am very much a proponent of the fact that I..am the manager of my recovery...BUT I need people. I need the support of those who know of exactly what I speak. I did AA in my 20's briefly..and decided it was "not for me"...continued to drink.
I went back to AA just before I hit 40...and eventually decided it was "not for me" and went back to drinkin'.

I put together 4 months of sobriety here last year...with the generous help and support of Sober Recovery. I relapsed.

Although I still very much need SR. For me, with my underdeveloped life and few friends that are local or available to hang out much....
I need more support. Heck...I just need some people I can talk to. I need to go somewhere at night when I don't know what to do with myself. I need to comb my hair..thrown on some lip gloss and get the heck out of my house.

I have returned to AA with very much a "take what I need and leave the rest" mentality (which is straight out of their Big Book if you didn't know). I may get a sponsor, I may not. I may do the steps, I may not. I really don't know at this point...

All I do know is that loneliness and isolation (in addition to self pity) are HUGE triggers for me.

I have tried to read my way out of this...think my way out of this. I have applied everything "I" am capable of doing.

I simply cannot deny I need "community"...it really does take a village to raise a (newly sober) child.

But these are only my thoughts. I do hope you find your way wee petals. It can be done.
Old 07-10-2014, 10:46 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Thanks day 2 achieved! I did worry about the mini bottle of wine I was given as a gift..... it has remained sealed. I went to bed last night and thought well done me! Safely tucked up in bed....but then I thought I could just pop back down for it...managed to stay in bed. Onto day 3 today. . Will be a BIG challenge. .. we always have wine on friday and Saturday, and im a bit/very emotional today as it is 2 years since my mum passed away.
Old 07-10-2014, 10:49 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Administrator

all the more reason to get rid of the bottle petals?

D