Notices

Night 4...Thank heaven for SR!

Old 07-08-2014, 10:58 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Night 4...Thank heaven for SR!

Well I am on night four sober, truth be told though, the first three I was working. So they count, but only for the fact my body doesn't know I was at work. Tonight was the real test. I still have yet to talk with my husband about this, but ironically when I was having a moment of weakness and suggested at about 10pm tonight and the girls were in bed that I might run up to 7-11 and grab a six pack he says, "how about trying something novel, like don't go buy liqueur". I blew him off and said, "Oh I was just thinking about it, but I got things to do tonight so I'm not going to"-he literally helped me without realizing what he did.
So now it is almost two in the morning, and I have been on here reading, so happy to have SR to come to during these hours. There are a lot of great people here.
One of the hardest parts of staying sober for me is that I work nights. For example, I worked the last three nights, slept during the day. Today when I got home from work I sat up with my husband for a while and didn't go to bed until about 10 AM and slept until 6:30pm. It is impossible to go back to bed at 10, 11, or even midnight after sleeping all day. So what happens is I usually start drinking around the time they all go to bed so that I can feel good and pass out by about 2am and get more (poor) sleep.
I will hopefully move to day shift in a couple of years, but until then this will be my biggest battle with staying sober.
THANK HEAVEN FOR SR!!
Old 07-08-2014, 11:03 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Day is day 4 marie - be proud

D
Old 07-08-2014, 11:34 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I bet once you get a little more sober time under your belt you'll sleep better, too. You're off to a great start, marie1973!
Old 07-09-2014, 01:36 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Keep going Marie, you're doing fab
Old 07-09-2014, 07:49 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Great job on Day 4!! Keep pushing through!!