Notices

The suck hole of early sobriety

Old 07-11-2014, 11:34 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Maybe your molester seat might suit you well at your office. I want one!

Glad you are back on board to the bright side, AO!
Old 07-11-2014, 01:43 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Hi AO - We all have something. My oldest sister cannot drive on I 95 around DC, or over any large bridge so she has had to find work within a very small radius of home, and has done so successfully. My worse phobia still embarrasses me. It was being the next person to be called upon or to introduce myself or speak in a meeting, any meeting. I could give a lecture to a few hundred people no problem but waiting until they got around to me at a staff or other meeting could turn my insides into a blubbering mess. Some days I could hide my anxiety, but mostly I handled it through avoidance and Benzos . Hangovers, which I was having daily, made it so much worse. Sometimes I really thought I would have a convulsion or die it felt so awful. And now, sober 9 months, I couldn't care less. Poof, gone like that. I lost a lot over that stupid phobia and the drinking. That's one of many reasons I am so committed to sobriety now.
Old 07-11-2014, 01:59 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by alphaomega View Post
But I'm dancing in the sunlight !
AO, I love the bike riding idea. And, dancing, well, that's here my heart is. You can do this.

Old 07-11-2014, 02:20 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

I can't drive over bridges either. I used to know my way all over L.A. Without driving over a bridge or one of the those terrifiying off on ramps, my blood is running cold just thinking about it! I have to cover my eyes when anyone else is driving me ove them too.

oddly enough, driving over bridges is right up there with the fear of heights or public speaking. I have a slight fear of heights, almost no fear of public speaking if I'm prepared but bridges do me in!

glad you're enjoying the day (((AO))). I hear there's a polar vortex heading your way and should cool things down a bit.

is it true what they say about Chicago? that it would be true Paradise if not for the weather? Lake effect, I'm guessing?

Love from Lenina
Old 07-11-2014, 02:22 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

I love this post. I very recently relapsed and this is perfect.
Old 07-11-2014, 02:45 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  
Its a cold and its a broken hallelujah.

Originally Posted by Lenina View Post
I

is it true what they say about Chicago? that it would be true Paradise if not for the weather?
Paradise ? Hmmmmm. Well, right now the west side (in the literal backyard of University of Chicago) is a virtual war Zone riddled with gang activity that would put the 90's to shame. Last weekend 80 people were shot in Chicago. Michigan Ave., where glitz and glamour reside and pay the property taxes to prove it, has become a norm for "wildings". This BS is when 50 or 200 piece of crap youth, swarm an area (like Water Tower Place for instance) and cause havoc and mayhem. Beating people up and stealing their iPhones in a lovely pastime called "Apple picking".

People are getting shot and mugged all over this beautiful city, but you won't find it on the news. Imagine our already defunct and bankrupt state not being able to fund the corruption further vis a vis our big, fat tourism dollars.

No, right now, Chitown is not a good place to hang. There's a blog called second city cop that talks extensively about what is REALLY going on in our city. Peruse it should you be so inclined.

It ain't pretty girlfriend.
Old 07-11-2014, 02:52 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

You'll hear about the chitown mayhem on the conservative blogs, not so much on the liberal blogs. Doesn't make the MSM too much either though, not surprising. I'm finding some of the best reporting is being done on Al Jazeera.
Old 07-11-2014, 03:00 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Sorry, (((AO))). Things are much worse all over. The media is too busy covering political nonsense. Shame. Ive only been in Chicago a few times.

((Jane)). Welcome back!

Love from Lenina
Old 07-11-2014, 07:49 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Take care, AO.
Old 07-13-2014, 08:11 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  
Its a cold and its a broken hallelujah.

I'm think I might to have to change the title of this thread....

Life just seems to get better and better with every passing sober day. It's not without stress (saw mother yesterday UGGHH) battled with teenage daughter about curfew (typical) work is a never ending challenge (meh) but my whole demeanor towards it has changed.

I welcome challenges again because I'm not just spending my days trying not to die. Worried about blood pressure, a seizure, liver damage, neuropathy, etc. 24/7 is simply no way to exist in life.

The constant hypochondria that accompanies active alcoholism is a prison in and of itself. Fraught with inexplicable and relentless anxiety.

It's just such a giant big fat stupid waste of precious time.

And for what ?

For what.
Old 07-13-2014, 08:22 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  
pray for strength

Originally Posted by alphaomega View Post
The constant hypochondria that accompanies active alcoholism is a prison in and of itself. Fraught with inexplicable and relentless anxiety.

It's just such a giant big fat stupid waste of precious time.

And for what ?

For what.
Yes! Seriously. All of the images of glorified scenarios leftover in my brain involving alcohol have faded to a barely recognizable façade. These non-existent, not yet and never-to-be played out images are slowly and very excitedly being replaced by substantial and beautiful real life ones.

I agree that you may have to change the title of your post. It actually makes me giggle each time I read it...as it reminds me of a potty mouth phase that a sibling went through when we were kids and b***hole was his favorite name-o.

Uplifting update Alphaomega, thanks. Your process continues to be a source of inspiration.